Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What is the plural of Lexus?

I suspect it is a made up word so may not conform to opus opii rules.

I have seen that there are not many LS in Europe but are the smaller models more common over the channel?

I don't really know about other european countries but I do know in Holland it's no fun driving a Ls400. The insurance premium of a car that old is based on it's weight and so is the road tax. The road tax for an LS in Holland would be around 270 Euro per 3 months. which is a whopping £241 per 3 months.

The names of companies and other organizations are usually regarded as singular, regardless of their ending: "General Motors has announced its fall lineup of new vehicles." Try to avoid the inconsistency that is almost inevitable when you think of corporate entities as a group of individuals: "General Motors has announced their fall lineup of new vehicles."...

from plural noun forms

... so its just Lexus ! lol

I have seen that there are not many LS in Europe but are the smaller models more common over the channel?

Being based in Vienna at the moment, I can confirm that Lexuses, Lexi, Lexus are a very, very rare sight indeed.

The names of companies and other organizations are usually regarded as singular, regardless of their ending: "General Motors has announced its fall lineup of new vehicles." Try to avoid the inconsistency that is almost inevitable when you think of corporate entities as a group of individuals: "General Motors has announced their fall lineup of new vehicles."...

from plural noun forms

That quote is about something else? :unsure:

But for proper noun, add an s. Because it ends in an s you add es. So it's Lexuses :)

from plural noun forms

That quote is about something else? :unsure:

But for proper noun, add an s. Because it ends in an s you add es. So it's Lexuses :)

my bad, i didnt quote the first bit of that paragraph which explained it a bit "The names of companies and other organizations are usually regarded as singular, regardless of their ending: " so General Motors being another company name with an s on the end.

I read somewhere that the Lexus name was coined from (luxury export united states) is that so?.

I think that was made up as it sort of fit, don't think that was actually true though.

my bad, i didnt quote the first bit of that paragraph which explained it a bit "The names of companies and other organizations are usually regarded as singular, regardless of their ending: " so General Motors being another company name with an s on the end.

No what I meant is that that is talking about something else entirely - it's saying that a collective like a company is treated as a single entity so in reference to something like General Motors you would use "it" instead of "their".

However this is about saying what if you had 2 lexuses........is it I have 2 Lexus or I have 2 Lexuses - I personally think it's the latter going on grammar rules but it's open to interpretation I guess :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links