Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post Cambelt Change Sound

IZZZY

guys,

i hope everyone is well..

this saturday gone i had my cambelt changed along with the waterpump...

all is well but i have noticed when i start the engine..i can hear a 'hissing' type sound coming from under the bonnet..upon closer inspection its coming from the belts... i didn get this before the cambelt change.. is this normal when a new belt goes on?

fyi i did get the idler and tensioner changed too...all OEM parts... any thoughts?suggestions?

could some wd40 anywhere help?

its not an issue or anything but i remember my mate commenting when i bought the car how quiet it was and now the hissing.. is just annoying..

all thoughts/recommendations appreciated :-)

guys,

all is well but i have noticed when i start the engine..i can hear a 'hissing' type sound coming from under the bonnet..upon closer inspection its coming from the belts... i didn get this before the cambelt change.. is this normal when a new belt goes on?

fyi i did get the idler and tensioner changed too...all OEM parts... any thoughts?suggestions?

its not an issue or anything but i remember my mate commenting when i bought the car how quiet it was and now the hissing.. is just annoying..

take it back mate and soon.......could poss be an over tightened timing belt or a tensioner/pully ,nut,bolt slack or could be as simple as an over tightened p/a/s,a/c or a p/s belt too tight

guys,

take it back mate and soon.......could poss be an over tightened timing belt or a tensioner/pully ,nut,bolt slack or could be as simple as an over tightened p/a/s,a/c or a p/s belt too tight

thanks Ormi..

i would be a little suprised if the belts are too tight etc..as the mechanic did check with his fingers how tight they were etc...

also he is a very reputable and knwledable mechanic.... so im confused :-S

is this the same mechanic who said the IS has tappets?

yes suprisingly it was.. but im more suprised after doing some searching on these forums.. how many people actually believe the IS200 DOES have tappets...

maybe i should enrol on a mechanics course - my mechanical knowledge is PANTS! :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
guys,

I have this hissing...also as you said coming from the drive belts. Did you get it sorted?

**Ormi** Do you know what this could be owing to your experience? Really does let down a reputably quiet car!!?? :-(

Could it be a belt, either too tight? Or too loose? I can get under the bonnet myself to sort it out if its just a case of correcting belt tensions?

guys,

I have this hissing...also as you said coming from the drive belts. Did you get it sorted?

**Ormi** Do you know what this could be owing to your experience? Really does let down a reputably quiet car!!?? :-(

Could it be a belt, either too tight? Or too loose? I can get under the bonnet myself to sort it out if its just a case of correcting belt tensions?

the noise happens due to both mate but if it gets really loos then you get the squeel..

simple enough to do mate and yes its just a case of correcting the tension.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links