Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Boot

IZZZY

I too want these and found a place to do them, £25 for each with all fittings inc post but has to be a min of 20.

Length of strut - 450mm

Stroke - 200mm

Fittings to both ends

is that £25 each set or for each side? if its set (i.e. 2 struts) then would you mind asking if the people if they do us a deal on it with a group buy??

we have at least 6-7people i think poss stretch to 10 if we advertise it on the site properly

thanks.

oh and my boot just unlocks no movement at all lol

Its for just 1 strut which is all thats needed from what I have read. £25 is the price he's quoted me for a minimum of 20 struts, but thats the whole kit.

-Bracket to fit to the framework behind the seats

-Union between above Bracket and Strut

-Variable Force Gas Strut

-Eye end union to fit to boot arm/hinge

Before you do that,

how often do you open the boot, mine only opens perhaps once or twice a week and sticks so the first time its opened it requires a little tug, once it has opened once its fine

as said in post really. They are the 2 metal rods that go from one side of the underside of the parcel shelf to the other. In the boot, look to the underside of the shelf and you can't miss it.

• 3 weeks later...

Got 1 for me today :D . Will try and fit it over the weekend - weather permiting.

See what you'll think, will get pictures and hopefully a video.

For those of you not interested, no need to discourage the others :P

Coming back to the original question, were the springs originally supposed to open the boot half-way?

On the struts, are they not making the closure of the boot more difficult? On a hatchback, you got the weight helping you but here you'll have to overcome the resistance of the struts every time you close the lid.

Coming back to the original question, were the springs originally supposed to open the boot half-way?

On the struts, are they not making the closure of the boot more difficult? On a hatchback, you got the weight helping you but here you'll have to overcome the resistance of the struts every time you close the lid.

Mine opens fully open-comes in handy when loading shopping as you just remote open the boot as you approach the car with hands full of shopping and put it in ,would be nice if it autoclosed as well but you cant have it all

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine opens pretty much fully each time, except the first time on a cold day or if it hasn't been opened for a few day. I suspect dirty sticky boot seals because after the seal is broken the first time it pops up fine. Might need to try some silicon spray to clean the rubber.

Before you do that,

how often do you open the boot, mine only opens perhaps once or twice a week and sticks so the first time its opened it requires a little tug, once it has opened once its fine

if u use talcum powder or similar on the boot seal thing i think this stops it sticking altogether, shudn't need much

My boot opens halfway when i use the button on the key, it did on my last IS too, I thought maybe it wouldn't on my new one being that theres the extra weight of the spoiler on (albeit not very heavy on its own) but it does still go up unaided

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links