Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost Ls400 Mark 3 Remote Fob

I bought a 1995 Mk3 LS400 and all i have is a normal key, the car has central locking but no remote fob.

i want remote locking on a fob but i am unsure how to ahieve this.

Under the bonnet is a alarm siren. I spoke to a mechanic friend and he told me all the LS400s mk 3s has an aftermarket alarm with the remote locking, fitted when they arrive in the uk ? I bought a blank key with the 3 button from fleabay but this is the wrong one.

In fleabay usa they sell the standard remotes but can they be used. Can they be programmed?

Basically what do i need to get the remote locking facility, can i replace the fob or do i have to get an new aftermarket alarm fitted with remote locking?

4 Button Remote Link

Regards Mark

I bought a 1995 Mk3 LS400 and all i have is a normal key, the car has central locking but no remote fob.

Under the bonnet is a alarm siren. I spoke to a mechanic friend and he told me all the LS400s mk 3s has an aftermarket alarm with the remote locking, fitted when they arrive in the uk ? I bought a blank key with the 3 button from fleabay but this is the wrong one.

In fleabay usa they sell the standard remotes but can they be used. Can they be programmed?

Basically what do i need to get the remote locking facility, can i replace the fob or do i have to get an new aftermarket alarm fitted with remote locking?

4 Button Remote Link

Regards Mark

I have a 95 car, it has a Scorpion 5000 Cat-1 alarm fitted. I was told that they cut into the loom, use all black wires and that you need the fob, ECU and receiver to make it work.

The fob is square and has 2 buttons, a black one for lock/unlock and a red one for PANIC , which just sets of the alarm from a distance to frighten off any near by attackers.

The ECU is installed behind the lower glove box, maybe from that you can see what manufacturer it is.

4 Button Remote Link

Regards Mark

I have a 95 car, it has a Scorpion 5000 Cat-1 alarm fitted. I was told that they cut into the loom, use all black wires and that you need the fob, ECU and receiver to make it work.

The fob is square and has 2 buttons, a black one for lock/unlock and a red one for PANIC , which just sets of the alarm from a distance to frighten off any near by attackers.

The ECU is installed behind the lower glove box, maybe from that you can see what manufacturer it is.

SO its best to replace the alarm then with remote locking facility? also the sellers on flea bay are selling basically useless junk,

Thanks for info.

Regards Mark

Mark

I think you (and your mechanic friend) have this wrong. Lexus factory - fitted security systems are amongst the best in the world.

No aftermarket modifications were made!

Lexus keys include the security sensor/fob.

The key includes 2 or 3 buttons, which secure the car / lock /open doors and boot.

The car will only start when the correct key is inserted into the lock.

There are "Master" keys, which enable programming of other keys (available on Ebay)

or "Slave/Valet" keys which will not open boot or glovebox.

If you just have the "Emergency key" then your choices are limited/expensive and you should search these forums for further advice.

best wishes

4 Button Remote Link

That remote fob looks spot on. It might be worth double-checking with Lexus that your alarm is original equipment; but, if it is - and if you can get one of those fobs, there's a set of programming instructions (I'll dig the link out for you later) which work just fine.

Did the old man's '96 Mk3 a couple of weeks ago, it worked first time & he's as happy as larry now.

4 Button Remote Link

That remote fob looks spot on. It might be worth double-checking with Lexus that your alarm is original equipment; but, if it is - and if you can get one of those fobs, there's a set of programming instructions (I'll dig the link out for you later) which work just fine.

Did the old man's '96 Mk3 a couple of weeks ago, it worked first time & he's as happy as larry now.

Thanks for the heads up Ade, i will buy the one from eBay and give it a go,if you can find the instructions that would be great.. Thanks all for the replies

Instructions can be found here: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=9825

(Thanks to Ruud, who sent me that link originally)

Don't worry about going too slowly. I just paced it so I was pressing a button every second or so, and it worked fine. There were no beeps either, but when I programmed it the beeper was turned off which may be why.

My 1995 MkIII came with a fob, but it was not the right one for the car (it was for an LS460). Tried high and low to find a replacement on eBay etc, with no luck. Not sure the correct one would work with mine though, as the siren was missing from the bulkhead.

As I wanted remote locking & unlocking I had no option but to go for an aftermarket alarm with remote locking. A local bloke fitted a basic Cobra alarm and with what I got for the 460 fob on eBay, the total cost worked quite reasonably, and has proved a reliable unit

Instructions can be found here: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=9825

(Thanks to Ruud, who sent me that link originally)

Don't worry about going too slowly. I just paced it so I was pressing a button every second or so, and it worked fine. There were no beeps either, but when I programmed it the beeper was turned off which may be why.

The fob turned up yesterday i have tried for an hour to programme it useing the guide given, i get all the way to section 9 , the door locks and unlocks and beeps but when i press the lock on the remote in section 9 nothing happens?

any ideas?

The fob turned up yesterday i have tried for an hour to programme it useing the guide given, i get all the way to section 9 , the door locks and unlocks and beeps but when i press the lock on the remote in section 9 nothing happens?

any ideas?

Try holding the button in for longer (up to 5-10 seconds). Try pressing the button quite forcefully, it may just be a mucky contact. If all else fails, try putting a new Battery in the fob. If you know anyone who has CB gear, ask them if it's possible to tune their kit to hear the signals, so you can confirm the fob is working (I've no idea if it IS possible or not, just a wild guess)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links