Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dam Snow

GWilso

Well this morning I was another victim off the slippery conditions the past few weeks i've manged not to badly being one of the 1st vehicles on the roads covered in snow as I leave for work at 4.30am

This morning I was travelling up a hill in High Wycombe were last night we had around 1 or 2 cm of snow I was trundeling up the hill in a straight line at around 25mph the next thing I know i''m going sideways towards a parked car I T Boned the parked car and pushed it right up on the pavement seing extensive damage to the parked car my 1st thought (i'm afraid to say) was for the damage to my Lex when i get out to have a look i have no more than superficial scratches on my bumper and a cracked number plate, After the bang I experienced I imagend the damage to be a lot lot worse

I just wanted to comment on the true strengh and build quality of My IS200

The chap following behind me said he never seen anything like it! the spin out just came from no where followed by "dam rear wheel Drive"

Anyway stay safe out there and always expect the un-expected

6yrs no claims down the pan :crybaby::crybaby: :tsktsk:

Cheers

Gordon

thanks mate I am currently protected but I thought protected just ment that my premium would not increase the following year?

Supprisingly i've still not heard back from matey that I crashed into... I left a note on his screen with my details but as yet no response

After 5 years you can protect your "no claims" mate - if you have this done you can make 2 claims in the year with out it affecting your no claims.

Well in NI anyway.

I still do not understand why people in this country do not invest in winter tyres. They're priceless when it comes to safety.

Because at a fiscal level, they're not worth it. We don't usually get weather than warrents having them for more than a few days. Just don't drive your car when it's that bad. Simple.

I still do not understand why people in this country do not invest in winter tyres. They're priceless when it comes to safety.

Because at a fiscal level, they're not worth it. We don't usually get weather than warrents having them for more than a few days. Just don't drive your car when it's that bad. Simple.

Don't agree at all.

In this country, people still live with the myth that wintertyres are only OK if it's snowing and that the Germans could try to invade any time.

Winter tyres work way better than summer tyres when it's les sthan 7-8C, especially when it's wet... which means 5 months per year.

Also, they do not add to the cost as, unless your Lexus has 8 wheels, you don't wear out your summer tyres meanwhile.

You could argue that you have the initial capital outlay, which will add up to a few pounds in interest. Nothing compared to the safety of my family or even the cost of a repair as per the opening post.

dont boher mate, i have been saying it on here for many many years and each year the same old posts come up that people have crashed the car on ice/snow etc - tough! serves you right i say!

as u say many still think winter tyres are only for snow.. no sympathy from me if the car slides down the road and gets wrecked.

dont boher mate, i have been saying it on here for many many years and each year the same old posts come up that people have crashed the car on ice/snow etc - tough! serves you right i say!

as u say many still think winter tyres are only for snow.. no sympathy from me if the car slides down the road and gets wrecked.

well.. I have some opposite reflections regarding the strength of the car... unluckily, a few days ago my car was also hit while left standing by some guy reversing. I realize that the impact shouldn't have been big, but the doors lost their primary shape :blush: still don't know, if the garage will be able to restore the same door or if I will have to look for the new ones. on the other side, happily only the doors were damaged during the accident, so the repair works will definitely be easier.

IMG_2190.jpg

well.. I have some opposite reflections regarding the strength of the car... unluckily, a few days ago my car was also hit while left standing by some guy reversing. I realize that the impact shouldn't have been big, but the doors lost their primary shape :blush: still don't know, if the garage will be able to restore the same door or if I will have to look for the new ones. on the other side, happily only the doors were damaged during the accident, so the repair works will definitely be easier.

IMG_2190.jpg

Sorry to hear this, mate.

I do assume this accident did not happen because it was slippery and the other driver had an ill-equipped car. Lithuanians are generally using wintertyres.

Don't agree at all.

In this country, people still live with the myth that wintertyres are only OK if it's snowing and that the Germans could try to invade any time.

Winter tyres work way better than summer tyres when it's les sthan 7-8C, especially when it's wet... which means 5 months per year.

Also, they do not add to the cost as, unless your Lexus has 8 wheels, you don't wear out your summer tyres meanwhile.

You could argue that you have the initial capital outlay, which will add up to a few pounds in interest. Nothing compared to the safety of my family or even the cost of a repair as per the opening post.

Ok, but to make the roads a safe environment, the vast majority of road users would need to invest in Winter tyres. This will not ever happen. You could put winter tyres on if you like, then have some maniac careering out of control into you who didn't.

Ok, but to make the roads a safe environment, the vast majority of road users would need to invest in Winter tyres. This will not ever happen. You could put winter tyres on if you like, then have some maniac careering out of control into you who didn't.

Everyone has them in Germany, Denmark, Czech Republic, etc. In Belgium, Holland etc they are not compulsory, but many people run thme anyway... None of these countries are really more affluent or colder than the UK.

Anyway, with your logic, we shouldn't stick to speed limits, bother about not drink driving or any other rules as there will always be another person to point the finger at. :rolleyes:

Everyone has them in Germany, Denmark, Czech Republic, etc. In Belgium, Holland etc they are not compulsory, but many people run thme anyway... None of these countries are really more affluent or colder than the UK.

Anyway, with your logic, we shouldn't stick to speed limits, bother about not drink driving or any other rules as there will always be another person to point the finger at. :rolleyes:

Not my logic mate, it's called a market dynamic; You said yourself, everyone has them in Germany, Denmark, Czech Repubic etc. What you're asking is that an entire country suddenly purchases a second set of tyres? Do you really think that would happen?

Swede, you may as well try to plat fog than try to teach the British common sense... They are totally incapable of thinking past the end of their current day... as long as it saves a buck today who cares if it costs them over a long term... I have learned to capitalise on this stupidity, I'm a heating engineer by trade, covering Gas, Oil,Heatpumps and Air Conditioning... You can guarantee that the Brits think nought about their heating untill there is frost on the ground and then panic when they cannot find someone to fix the heating that has been on the blink for weeks, even months so why do you think that they should concern themselves over something as trivial as the tyres on their car?... After all they wouldn't have the advantage of better traction, braking and steering would they? and as for the advantage of perhaps being able to get out of another drivers way before the other car slides haplessly into the side of your car.... we'll let the insurance sort it all out and complain about all those other drivers who can't drive properly.... Hell most of them cant even figure out how to demist their windows..

So how do I capitalise on the fools who cannot plan? Simple... Winter tyres on the van, a shovel and a bag of rocksalt.. If I'm the only engineer who can get out to fix your heating, then it aint gonna be cheap..... :whistling:

Fortunately for me, common sense is frowned upon in this country... And the foolish will continue to complain that "Somebody should do something".....

Take cover.... Incoming!

Not my logic mate, it's called a market dynamic; You said yourself, everyone has them in Germany, Denmark, Czech Repubic etc. What you're asking is that an entire country suddenly purchases a second set of tyres? Do you really think that would happen?

In Germany, they made them compulsory few years ago. So it's wintertyres or the bus.

When I look at the mayhem on the roads here every time there is a bit of snow and the cost of this, then I think a similar rule should be put in place. As said, it's not any more expensive to run two sets of tyres as you'll run them twice as long.

Mind you, as Transporter points out, common sense never seems to have been a strong point on this island... :whistling:

Do you have 2 sets of alloys, or do you actually change just the tyres?

Do you have 2 sets of alloys, or do you actually change just the tyres?

This time I swapped the tyres (costed me 40 quid), but I plan to buy a cheap set of second hand alloys.

In Germany, they made them compulsory few years ago. So it's wintertyres or the bus.

When I look at the mayhem on the roads here every time there is a bit of snow and the cost of this, then I think a similar rule should be put in place. As said, it's not any more expensive to run two sets of tyres as you'll run them twice as long.

Mind you, as Transporter points out, common sense never seems to have been a strong point on this island... :whistling:

Never said I didn't agree with you pal. Just that it will never happen here. When its icy I personally just don't drive and work from home

Alloys on the van in the Summer, original old steel rims for the Winter tyres...

That is the ideal solution. Just never seen steelies for a Lexus :lol:

I've got them, bought them at the tyre dealer. Half the price of an ugly aloy.

Grtz, Philip!

Alloys on the van in the Summer, original old steel rims for the Winter tyres...

That is the ideal solution. Just never seen steelies for a Lexus :lol:

I've got them, bought them at the tyre dealer. Half the price of an ugly aloy.

Grtz, Philip!

That's interesting. Pics ?

20 years ago, Belgian thought about wintertyres like Brits now. Meanwhile, they're really popular.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links