Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello ladies and gents,

Our IS is leaving us this weekend and we're picking up a '58 GS 450H :) :)

Looked at all the alternatives but nothing compares in comfort/toys and build IMO.

So what should i look out for when picking up gents? and how much life can you get out of the tyres, this one has 14K on the clock and 4/5mm on the rears..

Can't wait to pick it up :)

Blue and Cream is the color, the same as our IS.

cheers

Matty

Are you picking up from a main dealer? If that is the case, then just look forward to the driving! I have a 55 plate GS and I think all the reported issues have been fixed in the later models

Hello ladies and gents,

Our IS is leaving us this weekend and we're picking up a '58 GS 450H :) :)

Looked at all the alternatives but nothing compares in comfort/toys and build IMO.

So what should i look out for when picking up gents? and how much life can you get out of the tyres, this one has 14K on the clock and 4/5mm on the rears..

Can't wait to pick it up :)

Blue and Cream is the color, the same as our IS.

cheers

Matty

wel done and welcome to the hybrid way of life, rear tyre ware is directly linked to your willpower ie you boot it the tyres gonna go, 340ish BHP and 1/2 tonne of lead sitting over the rear axle means they can't last too long. Mine was delivered with new Pirreli P Zeros but they only managed 20K so I put her back on OE Bridgestones which still look good after 20K but coz they are 18 inch cost me about £180 each.

Mine has covered 40K in the last year and has never averaged less than 31 MPG on each tankfull but sadly I have had some issues with it and so have paid to extend the Lexus warranty, off the road now with a headlight control box problem meaning only 1 headlight works so have been lent a IS220 diesel YUK !!! that sits here unwanted while I use the wife's 300 Sportcross but I am noticing a big difference in fuel consumption.

Anyway you enjoy your 450h it will make you feel smug ! Super motor

BTW earlier ones were re called for steering rack and rear brake mods,may pay to ask if your needs same or has been done

Regards Tony

Thanks gents :D

Went upto Stockport last night in the IS a restless night and drove back today in the H :)

wish i could move that dealer closer, really nice bunch.

Initial thoughts - wow, it's so comfortable! averaged 36mpg with everything reset before i left, so will keep an eye on this.. but it was so so comfortable, i reallly felt like a sleep lol! took me sometime to realise that it was set to sport on the suspension!! it was only once we got home that we really realised how much bigger it is than the IS..

got a couple of Q's for any other drivers?

what OEM tyres do you have?

anyone tried anything else? i fitted F1's on the IS and that was a mistake imo - but am not sure about the Yoko's currently fitted on the H

the real important one - this is a SE-L spec and the threshold 'Lexus' badge doesn't light up? does anyone know if it should????

cheers

matty

Thanks gents :D

Went upto Stockport last night in the IS a restless night and drove back today in the H :)

wish i could move that dealer closer, really nice bunch.

Initial thoughts - wow, it's so comfortable! averaged 36mpg with everything reset before i left, so will keep an eye on this.. but it was so so comfortable, i reallly felt like a sleep lol! took me sometime to realise that it was set to sport on the suspension!! it was only once we got home that we really realised how much bigger it is than the IS..

got a couple of Q's for any other drivers?

what OEM tyres do you have?

anyone tried anything else? i fitted F1's on the IS and that was a mistake imo - but am not sure about the Yoko's currently fitted on the H

the real important one - this is a SE-L spec and the threshold 'Lexus' badge doesn't light up? does anyone know if it should????

cheers

matty

Hi Matty

sorry no glitzzy light up badges here this is a more mature car for gentlemen in a hurry.

Tyres, my supplier tells me the OE Bridgestones are designed for the extra stress and weight of the Battery pack so thats good enough for me and has proved right so far .

Enjoy Tony

Thanks for the info fella, I'll just have to miss the lit up freshholds ;)

I had a little sample of the car in sport this morning! OMG! didn't quite expect it to be as linear and quick as it was.... nice... real nice... MPG still at 34!

Thanks for the info fella, I'll just have to miss the lit up freshholds ;)

I had a little sample of the car in sport this morning! OMG! didn't quite expect it to be as linear and quick as it was.... nice... real nice... MPG still at 34!

Have you noticed if you set the suspension to sport it too increases the power delivery ? switch them both to sport and she rocks !

I didnt reliase how fast mine was going untill I used it to overtake, planned to take 2 cars but took 5 with ease, no drama,

Used this awful diesel today and it only averages 4 more MPG than my hybrid !!!!!!!!!!! reminds me how good it really is

I didn't know that about the sport setting, I thought it was purely for the suspension... this i need to try ;)

wow! how bad is the diesel... still currently averaging 34mpg in the GS, I'm sure this will come down in time though :)

We averaged 32.5 mpg in the IS250 over 60K miles, so who needs diesel :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links