Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flashin Brake Lights

Hi , im looking at converting the fogs to work with side lights and brakes, seen a lex in flesh the other day and it looks so much better than pics,, now im looking at installing a brake flash unit from this site http://www.3rdbrakeflasher.com/index.php?m...products_id=181

in theory i have now 5 brake light 2 norm 2 fog and 1 middle in window, how many flash units would i need to get all five to flash

ive chosen this kit cos i wanted a rapid flash that only lasted 2secs max and took 40secs to reactivate

:shifty:

thanks

its only 1 more light dont think it would make tht much of a diffrence to his siezure, hence why i wanted a short fast blast, dont want a disco going on, just wanted to grab the attention and have peopple think did that happen? im just going to see what its like im fussy so if it does look like a live tour of the prodigy , ill reduce the amount of flashing lamps then

yes. i believe that some new cars come with flashing brakes and it's not a problem. we have this one a while back and it's not a fail

I had to take mine off the IS200 as the MOT tester decided the LED's were not bright enough.

brighness of l.e.d was concern for me to, as ihad them on my camero, but like anything a good huntin you find sumint better from the usa,, ive been looking at the tube shaped ones that are just covered all over with super bright l.e.ds, but they dont come cheap

yes. i believe that some new cars come with flashing brakes and it's not a problem. we have this one a while back and it's not a fail

It should indeed be legal as long as the brightness etc is OK. The brakelights on my Merc start flashing if I brake really hard and here it's not just a "2 seconds flash" but they keep flashing as long as I keep hard on the pedal.

The question I got here though is whether the system described above is sensitive to the power used to brake, i.e. only the normal brakelights are activated under gentle braking and if you brake hard, the fogglights come on too??

no these units would flash as soon as power is applied but if you took foot of brake then pressed again they wont flash they would require xx seconds of no braking to reset so u dont go peeing everyone off, ive seen cars here that when heavy braking they hazzard lights flash

no there not the same. you need the load resistor to stop the warning light on the dash and the diodes to let you use the fogs as brake and still as fogs.

you can find load resistor on eBay for a few pounds each

and you will need 2 load resistor for the brakes and 2 diodes for the fogs. the others don't need them

thanks Jay , sorry to be a pain... but jsut to clariffy if all the bulbs are LED i only need 2 load resistors? i thought id need them for each side behind ech wire .. IE 1 for the side light and 1 for the brake but on both sides so a total of 5 including the mid brake,, or do they get put somewhere else in the car and thats why its only 2.. sorry for being so dorky, im ordering the stuff so i just wanted to make sure i got the correct amount :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links