Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Few Idea's, I'd Like To Hear Your Comments

So, my first idea to keep the Lex in it's original state is pretty much out of the door :blush:

These are some things I'm gonna start with, keep in mind, it's not gonna be a radical transformation, just want to make a bit more "mine". The colour is dark green metallic, and I'm trying to get rid of the chrome accents.

So, I'm looking for the TTE front bumper, and a small rear spoiler on the rear. Don't know which one yet, nothing to fancy.

Than, I'd like to change the back lights and the rear fog lights to smoked ones. I don't like the red fog lights in the trunk bonnet.

For the muffler, I was gonna keep it simple, but the more I look at those Japanese styled "bog boar" mifflers, the more I think I'm tempted to go that way. Just the rear muffler though, not gonna change anything else on the exhaust line.

Since at the rear, there wont be anything shiny left (chrome I mean) I'm gonna get rid of the badges, exept the round central Lexus badge. That one I'm gonna keep, but thinking of painting (spraypainting) it with a cote of dark, to make it look like back lights, smoked chrome.

On the top of the rear window, I'm thinking of placing a spoiler, like the E36 BMW M3 model. One in carbon, real carbon I mean, not something fake.

At the front, I'm thinking of placing the smoked lights to, it just depends on how the TTE bumper and dark mesh grille is gonna look like. If it's stil to shiny, they will be replaced.

The reason I want the TTE front bumper is because you can fit it, without having to fit side and rear extra's, it looks good, but it(s not crying for more bits 'n pieces.

Than, now is my biggest question. The original 17" alloys. I'd like the paint them, seeing the rest of the car is darkened, I think those shiny wheels wouldn't fit. I'm thinking of painting them semi gloss black. Or, I might buy some 18" OZ 35th Anniversary's. I really like them, like them a lot, but they don't come cheap.

Of course, fitting al these things, you need to lower the car, but I don't wanna overdo it. So I'm thinking of just replacing the springs with either Koni or Eibach springs, and lower the car about 2cm, not more.

Finishing touch might be to smoke the back window, and the rear door windows. MOT in Belguim doens't allow you to somke the front side windows. I'd go for just a bit of smoke, not completely black, I do want to be able to see through the rear windows.

This is brainstorming, for the time beeing, but I'm really thinking about it.

So, any advice, or do's or dont's :winky:

Grtz, Philip!

P.S: Sorry for the long text, I'm just typing and thinking at the same time :whistling:

P.S2: Sorry for the errors in the text, English isn't my native language :unsure:

I think your alloys would look nice in a dark grey, would go well with the colour of your car.

But to be honest ive been thinking of modding mine, but can bring myself to it as i love my Lex just the way it is!

I have been upgrading rather than modding, eg brakes, spark plugs and other stuff in the engine bay!

Phill

Phill, thanks for the answer.

Otherwise, 200 views, and no other responses :(

C'mon guys, I really wanna know what you think, anything might be usefull. I'm just brainstorming and could use another one's point of view :blush:

Grtz, Philip!

Ive got a green se but i kinda bought the car because i like the way its made so i am happy keeping it in tip top original condition as lexus intended as i kinda doubt with my limited knowledge i could improve on such a well thought out car,also i was going to keep it a few years so dont want to sacrifice the reliability that comes with the brand.

Plus i think im happy enuf to chuck the cash in the fuel tank but modding as well could be a drain on money.

Each to their own though as the saying goes,,,,enjoy yours !

Just keep it subtle. I have debadged mine and fitted a plain black grille and it certainly gives the car a more aggressive look. What's a 'bog boar'? I have fitted a Cobra exhaust because I liked the rolled lip and the sound is not over the top. Look and listen on Youtube, quite a lot of videos of Lexus exhausts on there to play with.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links