Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 220d Faulty Rear Window

Just after the first real frost that we had in Dec 09 I had my IS220d serviced at a Lexus main dealer, the following week on my commute to work I noticed that when I flicked on the rear demist it took out the radio with interferance.

I immediately thought that it was due to something that had been done on the service ,however when I rang the dealer they assured me that it had nothing to do with the recent service that i had.

They did however know exactly what the problem was and at what cost it would be to repair ........due to the fact that during the previous week they had repaired 3 off IS 220/250s for the same fault by replacing the rear windows.

Is there any other cars out there that have suffered the same fate due to a bit of cold weather if so maybe will could raise a claim for faulty rear windows and have Lexus foot the bills.

BMWs can suffer from this sort of issue...like the E46. Some times it can be down to a corroded earth point in the boot and giving it a good clean will rectify the problem. Otherwise, a physical break in the aerial imbeded in the rear windscreen = replacement.

I would be inclined to check the terminals and points before resigning yourself to the replacement option. In any event, I'm sure if you pressed Lexus CS for contribution, they would do so? Expect cost to replace to be circa £500 (BMW prices).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links