Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How does the trim come off the inside of the door frame to access the mirror bolts. It looks like it snaps off but do I start at the bottom or middle top. I need to mend the mirror as it only moves one way. I dont want to damage the trim, are there any screws hiding behind the rubbers etc. I'm going to try it tomorrow. Thanks in anticipation. Where have the diagrams gone from toyodiy.com/parts?. I used these to help replace the shockers.

You have to remove the inner plastic trim (triangle shaped) it is just clip on, may put up resistance but normally Lexus quality means it doesn't break. Once off you can access the 3 fixing screws, disconnect the wiring plug.

To remove the glass slide a cloth behind the bottom of the mirror side to side and pull up to disengage the fixings it should then slide out.

Toyo DIY has some legal probs with Toyota and has been forced to remove the diagrams.

Thanks for that. I've got the mirror off and will swap MK2 good bits to my MK3 mirror, I hope. Pity about the legal implications as SaabScene still display diagrams.

You have to remove the inner plastic trim (triangle shaped) it is just clip on, may put up resistance but normally Lexus quality means it doesn't break. Once off you can access the 3 fixing screws, disconnect the wiring plug.

To remove the glass slide a cloth behind the bottom of the mirror side to side and pull up to disengage the fixings it should then slide out.

Toyo DIY has some legal probs with Toyota and has been forced to remove the diagrams.

Hi yet again.

I have seen somewhere very recently that gives the guidance as to how to remove the door card but I cant remember where. I thought I would have bookmarked it but nay can find it. It wasnt Toyo DIY. Please dont go outside just now to take a photo (at least bonnet wont fall on you if you do). Any ideas. I just want to service the inside of the door - it all works but there are noises.

Stevels400 I didnt take the panel off, just popped the top corner and used a very small socket set with universal to undo three bolts.

Steve2006 I didnt know how to remove the trim and window controls so your link is very useful. Thx to all.

The MK2 motor and connectors are different to theMK3, so its a replacement mirror coming from benfur. I'll post a couple of pix later when I get the new mirror.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links