Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone,

Very odd one. Typical considering the car is just over 3 years old and 2 weeks out of its warranty. Its off to Lexus Edin tomorrow.

Im coming up wiht an Error with the VSC, so traction control and the Variable Gear Ratio Steering.

Ive done some browsing round and it may be about the inability of the VGRS system to find the centre, so im thinking a steering sensor fo some sort? I cant really think of anything else that would fail in such a way as the power steering is still functional. Just has no VGRS feature so it is stuck on very low ratio and the steering wheel is off centre.

Very weird.

Any other ideas?

Stu.

Result!

Ok, first im going to sing the praises of Lexus Edinburgh and UK. Thanks for sorting it! Thanks Keith at Lex Edinburgh for all your help!

The problem,looks like the steering rack went. Needed new electronics, and the upshot is the whole thing needs replaced to a tune of £5500 :crybaby: cough splutter.

Anyways, Lexus UK agreed to underwrite the repair and its going ahead and I'll get it back next Thursday.

Very unusual for that failure to occur on any Lexus apparently never mind an LS.

I think im goign to stay lexus...Lex number 4 is in my future and there seems to be a lot of GS450h's about!

Phew!

Stu

I think what is becomign obvious to me with pretty much any car.

Warranty Warranty and Warranty!

To be fair in the past my Lex have been so reliable I didnt bother with them. Also mine were high mileage and newer than this one. So it really really surprised me when it broke so spectacularly.

I think as the current crop LS's age this will become more and more important.

Stu

I think what is becomign obvious to me with pretty much any car.

Warranty Warranty and Warranty!

To be fair in the past my Lex have been so reliable I didnt bother with them. Also mine were high mileage and newer than this one. So it really really surprised me when it broke so spectacularly.

I think as the current crop LS's age this will become more and more important.

Stu

Hi guys, seems to me that there is a lot to be said for hanging on to an older LS400 then !

Far less technology to go wrong and perhaps greater reliability too.

And I know that there are less gizmos and maybe the older one's are a bit old design and all that BUT, reliability is second to none with my experience of ( now my second ) LS400 .... a 1994 one now and a 1991 earlier with monster miles on the clock before I changed it.

Been driving the LS400s now for about 8 years and love 'em to bits.

Malc

• 7 years later...

1 minute ago, gkkes said:

There's one on EBay at present with exactly this fault. Hope any potential buyers understand this isn't just an ECU reset, and prepare to fork out £5500 😱

yea blue one, with very low miles. looks great and at such a low miles shame it has this fault.

On 02/04/2010 at 8:53 AM, Malc said:

Been driving the LS400s now for about 8 years and love 'em to bits.

hey guys, I'm still here and 8 years on with my Mk3 and on 204k miles ......  brilliant cars and not much electronic gadgetry to go " pop " on my old'un :yahoo: 

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links