Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Tuning

madbaz

hi, i have got an manual is200 on a 2001 plate and im looking for some way of tuning it, so far all i have managed to find is a cat back exhaust off eBay and a chip that will only increase power by 7-8 bhp, i am planing on tuning the car to around 200bhp but im not that kean on supercharging or turbocharging it, if anyone can think of some suitable parts for it i would be very greatfull.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless supercharging (looking at over £2K) or turbo charging, you are barking up the wrong tree trying to make IS200 go faster, If it was the styling of the 200 that you liked you could try trading in for a altezza or IS300, that's about your options i think, you can make little differences with induction kits, de-cat, big x-orst, plugs & your "chip", but this will start to mount up, with little gain.

As deckie says- you need a turbo/supercharger if you want the IS200 to go faster. Engine conversion is also an option, but be prepared to spend some serious £££ if you were to go down this route.

I know of a IS200 which running a 4.0 litre V8 engine out of a LS400.

Just out of interest, how much did you spend on your 'chip'?? If its the chip i think it is then they do sod all. Sorry to break the bad news to you

I suppose you could cam and throttle-body the car but you'll end up sending just as much doing that as you would if you supercharge/turbo it

There is a TTE supercharger kit avaliable for the IS200. You cannot get these brand new anymore, but there are a few s/c IS200's on here. Your best bet is to wait for one of these to come up for sale- expect to pay about £2k for a supercharger kit.

By adding a supercharger bhp will increase from 153 bhp (n/a) to about 205 bhp. If you want more power, then get a IS300 or a Altezza (JDM version of the IS200).

Best £1200.00 I ever spent on my 200 was upgrading it to a 300. Smooth power with loads of torque and all the other toys especially the HIDs. If you like the 200 then you will love the 300.

Regards

Russell.

that is the best advice biggrin.gif

Or SPC Horsham will fit a turbo kit they have developed for £5K, drive in, drive out :whistling:

who are SPC whistling.gif ??

They are a tuning outfit in Horsham, West Sussex Bazza, surprised you've not heard of them

link

Or SPC Horsham will fit a turbo kit they have developed for £5K, drive in, drive out :whistling:

who are SPC whistling.gif ??

They are a tuning outfit in Horsham, West Sussex Bazza, surprised you've not heard of them

link

not from what ive heard whistling.gif

As deckie says- you need a turbo/supercharger if you want the IS200 to go faster. Engine conversion is also an option, but be prepared to spend some serious £££ if you were to go down this route.

I know of a IS200 which running a 4.0 litre V8 engine out of a LS400.

0*0

SPC are officially Sussex Dyno tuning or something like that now, and may not be that for much longer.

But in regards to power a supercharger kit like the one i have for sale is a good bet ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links