Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rattling Noise Coming From The Rear When Driving Over Bumps

D6NGR

Hi i have noticed today that my lexus is making rattling noises when going over bumps in the road or over a speed bump it sounds like its coming from the exhaust or the shields but i've had the same problem with my previous lexus and its quite annoying can any one tell me how to resolve this problem or if they had the same issue as me.

mine is doing the same at the moment. I have sourced my problem to the rear brake pads wobbling around. When i press the brakes slightly on a bumpy road where it would normally rattle it stops.

I was told yesterday its the shims or something like that. but that doesn't mean alot to me!

or it could be the same problem i had i removed the drum and found that a small pice of metal had come of the backing plate and was rattling arount inside the drum,

simple fix remove the rear caliper remove the disk/drum(de adjust the handbrake first)and if theirs anything in their it'll just fall out then rebuild...

or it could be the same problem i had i removed the drum and found that a small pice of metal had come of the backing plate and was rattling arount inside the drum,

simple fix remove the rear caliper remove the disk/drum(de adjust the handbrake first)and if theirs anything in their it'll just fall out then rebuild...

Simple!

I wish I could just do that, it sounds soooooo simple. would make my life much easier and alot cheaper! I should have been a mechanic! Oh well.

Simple!

I wish I could just do that, it sounds soooooo simple. would make my life much easier and alot cheaper! I should have been a mechanic! Oh well.

it is simple mate remove the wheel......remove the two 17mm bolts that hold the caliper on remove the disk/drum....10 mins max.....

i carn't see it being that ormi i've had the pads changed then its started yesterday every time go over small humps then ding ding it does it weird could it not be anything else if it is this what do you have to do remove the calipers and drums

well i took it back to bosch garage not very happy at all my rear shims are not even on the car so they have order two new ones in for me but i still carn't see that being the problem!! really confused hopefully that this will be case and this annoying rattling noise will go i am really annoyed argh bloody is200's.

the noise is like every time i go over a bump like the exhaust is loose and rattling really bad against the heat shield it sound like the brackets are loose but had it checked and its not the exhaust also got the heat shield bonded so it won't move i hope its the shims.

well i took it back to bosch garage not very happy at all my rear shims are not even on the car so they have order two new ones in for me but i still carn't see that being the problem!! really confused hopefully that this will be case and this annoying rattling noise will go i am really annoyed argh bloody is200's.

the noise is like every time i go over a bump like the exhaust is loose and rattling really bad against the heat shield it sound like the brackets are loose but had it checked and its not the exhaust also got the heat shield bonded so it won't move i hope its the shims.

was it shims missing or the clips ? either way good that you got the garage to put right their dodgy work

well ther wasn't any shims on for a start don't know about clips mate but a well reputaion garage like that orgets stuff like this and then charge full wack they shouldn't put their apprenticeship kids on do you reckon that the knocking noise will get resolved with the shims back on i hope it does

there should be two shims to each pad and i fitting clip which stops everything rattling about on each side - im sure it will come back quiet as a mouse

i carn't see it being that ormi i've had the pads changed then its started yesterday every time go over small humps then ding ding it does it weird could it not be anything else if it is this what do you have to do remove the calipers and drums

remove the wheel,de-adjust the hand brake(you do this through the wee rubber grommet on the disk)remove the two 17mm bolts that hold the rear caliper on pull the caliper off tap the disk/drum(not on the braking surface though!!!!)the disk will then just pull off job done.....

still waiting for the bloody shims and have now noticed since its been raining its making a squeeking noise aswell when braking and when going over the bumps i've not got any bloody luck with this car!

• 2 weeks later...

well i've had the brand new shims put back on both side for free and the noise has gone thank god thanks every one for helping me find out what the noise was.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links