Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Lower Arm Knocking

B_I_T_O

Hello guys.

My IS200 as started to make a knocking sound, and I went to a local mechanic to see where the sound came from. It took a bit, but we checked that it was from the front lower arm.

As we could feel the vibration of the knocking noise coming from the arm, we've seen that the bush (as in the picture, the number 8 bush) was not centered! It was moved 2 or 3 mm to the inside.

bush_sxe10s.jpg

So my question is, is this only a bush/rubber problem? Or do I only need to adjust something? Because the bush didn't look damaged. Or do I need to replace the whole arm?

Please help guys!

Thank you!

What do you mean arm no. 1? It's the Front Lower Arm, of the left side, in my case, the driver side. The sound come from the bush where there's the number 6 and 8 together.

It's the arm connected to those bushes.

I need to replace the whole arm? I don't mind how much it costs, I just need the problem solved. I wonder why it's not aligned... How can that happen? Is this normal?

yo sure its not a ball joint as the bush being off set wouldnt cause a vibration and/or a knocking.....double check the ball joints....

them diagrams arent that complete but think ormi seems right, it could be the ball joins. I understand what u mean, there are 2 arms, suspension lower arm no1 theres also a no2 as well, these control the postion of the wheel in the arch.

ok, if I'm correct, in your picture above, Number 1 is front left lower arm No1, Number 4 is front left lower arm No2, and Number 5 is the front left ball joint.

I'm quite sure on the arms but correct me if I'm wrong with the ball joint.

The ball joint is where Ormi thinks the noise will be coming from.

Yes, I think that's it.

But, let's say Ormi is right that the noise come from the ball joint. If I replace the ball joint, will stop the knock sound, but will the bush I mention be aligned again just with the replacement of the ball joint? If yes, I might just replace the ball joint then.

Yes, I think that's it.

But, let's say Ormi is right that the noise come from the ball joint. If I replace the ball joint, will stop the knock sound, but will the bush I mention be aligned again just with the replacement of the ball joint? If yes, I might just replace the ball joint then.

Sorry: Double post

Edited by B_I_T_O

their is no ball joint in those picks 1 to 4 is the front suspension

5 to 11 is the rear suspension......

ignore the bush the now 2 to 3 mm is not a big diff yes if that was cm yes thats an issue but mm no..

replace the ball joints job done..

these are the ball joints and link to but them for cheap..

ball joints.a pair for £50

• 3 months later...

their is no ball joint in those picks 1 to 4 is the front suspension

5 to 11 is the rear suspension......

ignore the bush the now 2 to 3 mm is not a big diff yes if that was cm yes thats an issue but mm no..

replace the ball joints job done..

these are the ball joints and link to but them for cheap..

ball joints.a pair for £50

These will fit a Tezza SXE10 won't they....same setup as IS200/300?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links