Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grom Ipod Adapter

IZZZY

Hi Guys,

i hope everyone is well.

i just wanted to say .. i ordered the grom ipod adapter yesterday and installed it today.

just a few questions.. maybe im just hearing things.. but can anyone here a hiss when they playing their music through their grom adapter?

also how do i get to run that 10 sec track scan? i tried it.. but didnt work :-S

also im guessing the sound quality would increase the newer the ipod.. such as the latest itouch?

im using the first generation mini ipod... and im sure im not getting the best sound because it is OLLLDDDDDD!!!?!?!?!??!

apart from that im very happy that i got it .... sorted! :-)

thanks in adv

Izzy

There might be a very mild hiss, but not something I've really noticed so if there is it's very quiet. The iPod imho has pretty poor sound quality though so that could be the problem........I have the aux with a separate iPod kit but the iPod still sounds rubbish compared to using an SD card or even Bluetooth.

I use my Iphone and 60gb video ipod and dont get any hissing at all!

I got a second hand one, dont have any issue's at all.

Only thing iv found is that since i put OS 4 on my Iphone the playlist will not work off the headunit, only from the Iphone it's self?

I received and fitted my grom today and it only took 20 mins, ok I left the lead in the glovebox because of length but I must say for £79.99 + £60 for 2nd hand 80gb Ipod classic that it is probably the cheapest way to get a working replacement stereo while keeping the dash looking totally standard

Jomo mate,

ive got the exct same issue now.. my playlists wont work.. and the stereo sometimes picks them up and sometimes has a while to think about to .. only to not work in the end.

any solutions?

Jomo mate,

ive got the exct same issue now.. my playlists wont work.. and the stereo sometimes picks them up and sometimes has a while to think about to .. only to not work in the end.

any solutions?

I may be trying to teach yer to suck eggs but I would delete your itunes playlists and then redo them making sure of the following

1) Don't make more than 10 playlists (including playlist 1 - this is used for setting up the playlists properly)

2) Use short names for playlists in case of problems (shouldn't really be any since the ipod/phone will have done all converting and only thing is the sound output going to the grom)

3) Playlist 1 should only contain 1 track, any sized track it doesn't matter

4) If you disconnect your ipod/phone when leaving the car, make sure you stop it first, pause the music, turn off the car stereo in that order. When re-connecting use the reverse

5) try and make sure that playlist 2 is currently playing or paused before you turn the car stereo back on after reconnecting the car, this seems to work better for advanced mode

6) If any of your songs sound low in volume, turn off the stereo whilst the ipod/phone is playing and turn back on, go to any playlist other than 1, should then be ok

7) Check all electrical connections (seems obvious lol)

Thats all I can think of at the mo, my ipod 6th gen plays fine, only have problems if I disconnect the player when both units are still on

hope this helps, try the above and if you still need help I'll try and help yer out more m8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links