Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modd'ing A Is200 Se To Look Like A Sport

amaze

Hi there,

(I searched the archives first but couldnt find anything relevent...)

I have been looking for a IS200 sport for about a month now and i am having trouble finding a good quality one.

I have just been offered an excellent SE for a good price and i am very tempted i just love the "look" of the SPORT...

Is it possible to make a SE look like a SPORT? If so is it much work\expensive?

Also is it a complicated job adding slip diff to a SE?

Thanks Oliver (UK)

It is simple, both myself, Ifraz and Chris Shipley have done it.

All you need is an sport boot spolier (approx 500 quid painted & fitted from Dealer)

and a chrome exhaust trim (55 quid from dealer). Tint the back windows.

If you want it to look the same inside, then just chrome scuff plates and pedals, and voila, it's almost identical to a sport. (except for the steering wheel).

As for the LSD, your not really going to need one, unless you drive with the traction control off all the time, or are planning on exceeding 200bhp.

If you join GOLD, you will get discounts from Lexus dealers on parts and servicing, so if you do plan on making your SE look like a sport, you will easily save the membership fee on your purchases.

Also, we have a special LOC insurance scheme (only available to gold members) that allows any cosmetic modifications without an increase in premium (on top of the 400 quid they saved me).

It is simple, both myself, Ifraz and Chris Shipley have done it.

All you need is an sport boot spolier (approx 500 quid painted & fitted from Dealer)

and a chrome exhaust trim (55 quid from dealer). Tint the back windows.

If you want it to look the same inside, then just chrome scuff plates and pedals, and voila, it's almost identical to a sport. (except for the steering wheel).

and sports stickers for the rear passengers window

and a set of springs 15mm lower

yep,, i got the dealer to do the 'conversion' when i purchased the car, Pedals, front grill, rear tints, scuffs, spoiler didnt bother with the chrome exhaust as i am having it replaced anyways.

Fidgits
I just got the spolier, and I am doing the rest bit-by-bit...

IT will still not be one though will it...............you wannabes :lol::lol::lol:

Wait for the grilling by Ian & Bazza :shutit:

what have i said ?? :angry:

youre just picking on me :sad:

do you use your lsd a lot then?? :whistling:

how ridiculous is it to lower the standard springs on an IS200 sport..?

i.e. not uprating to tougher shocks,, but just taking a bit (10-15mm) off the springs..

just sounds a heck of a lot cheaper than the Eibach alternative... :ph34r:

Why cant you find a Sport, seen quite a few advertised. :question:

And with all the mods to look like a sport, it'll prob end up costing more. (insurance wise too)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links