Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Winter Driving

Hi Peeps,

I dunno if you noticed but winter certainly seems to be here. 2 very cold frosts in my area this week already.

Just thought i would start at topic for people to post their advice on how to prep your car for winter.

Ill start the ball rolling..always keep some sort of warm clothing in your boot incase your car breaks down in the snow or something and your stuck.

Give the car a good few coats of wax, as its probably the last time you'll be able to properly clean the car in a few months. Also make sure to give your arches a good clean and get some wax under there too (with an old rag) to help prevent against road salts etc...

Wouldn`t say the car is sh@t in the snow...if you have winter tires on

I used to (and will) drive mine in snow and never got stucked and the snow button just helps...a lot!!

Sometimes we have a lot of snow at winter in my country, I always spend the christmas over there and was worried about the car before I bought it coz its a RWD but I`m very pleased with it.

Just one thing is annoying me...the VSC..you would have a lot of fun but you can`t turn it off :tsktsk: wanted to start a new topic about this but I ask here then: is it any solution to turn it off??? such as taking a fuse out or things like this???

Thanks in advance

19122009015.jpg

heres a better one put it in the garage as the car is sh@t in the snow..

Better hope for no snow @ crimbo or the Mrs will bloody divorce me if the "car i bought" cant make it off the driveway :P

Seriously though - it cant be any worse than a 2.8 capri in the snow :P

Wouldn`t say the car is sh@t in the snow...if you have winter tires on

I used to (and will) drive mine in snow and never got stucked and the snow button just helps...a lot!!

Sometimes we have a lot of snow at winter in my country, I always spend the christmas over there and was worried about the car before I bought it coz its a RWD but I`m very pleased with it.

Just one thing is annoying me...the VSC..you would have a lot of fun but you can`t turn it off :tsktsk: wanted to start a new topic about this but I ask here then: is it any solution to turn it off??? such as taking a fuse out or things like this???

Thanks in advance

19122009015.jpg

in your country????? i stay in penicuik just outside edinburgh we get snow in the summer....lol......

snow button does nothing but limit the throttle and to turn off vsc you push the button next to the snow button ie trc off!!

also i have driven my car in the snow and it is poop!!good fun but poop

I just love driving in snow :) sideways all the time :)

trc button is not the same as vsc. or is it?

if you will remove vsc fuse, abs will stop working also. you can make vsc-off switch yourself. you have to wire a button to steering angle sensor positive voltage wire. after the car is started push this button and vsc will detect error and stop working, in the same time vsc light will show up in speedoo.

only way to turn it back on is to turn off car and next time when you will start it vsc will operate as usual.

in your country????? i stay in penicuik just outside edinburgh we get snow in the summer....lol......

snow button does nothing but limit the throttle and to turn off vsc you push the button next to the snow button ie trc off!!

also i have driven my car in the snow and it is poop!!good fun but poop

Ormi, on the 300 pushing the TRC button only turns off the TRC. The VSC is still active and no way can you turn it off, I have tried to get the back out with TRC off but all that happens is the VSC light in the dash flashes and bleeps at the same time, reducing power until the VSC has sorted it out.

Dude! You can disable VSC

taken from my.is forum

Hi' date='

don`t know if you already know this solution to disable the VSC...while keeping full ABS-function...

Get a switch between the ignition supply wire to the steering sensor...

[img']http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5487/schaltbildvscoff.jpg

All you need is cut the red/black wire on the Drivers Side J/B, Connector 1A, Pin 4:

41835647.jpg

and put the switch (nc) in between, like on my drawing.

As a result:

instrumentnormal.jpg

switched off:

instrumentvscoff.jpg

CEL was there before, not from this VSC mod!

• 2 weeks later...

Found the perfect switch from a mk1 avensis but can`t buy it anywhere...

Been on scrap yards today but no luck and called toyota but they only find the TRC OFF switch for £50, and also tried eBay (still await for answers)..any idea where can I get one from?

Thanks

this pic from ebay

10382806101423571163010.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links