Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This gent in the US has written a piece on his 460 (I am still dreaming) and has inserted this photo of the interior.

Unsure how to download a pic, so here is the link:

lexusenthusiast.com/2010/06/10/reader-review-lexus-ls-460-sport/

Thing is, he writes:

The dark ash burl wood paneling has a very rich-looking matte finish, which is something Lexus should do for their entire product line. The standard wood trim is shiny and can easily be mistaken for that cheap plastic fake wood.

Right on, Squire. Lexus, are you listening?

I like the interior of that Sport model, the two tone leather with contrast stitching and the matte wood look really good.

However I don't think shiny wood on its own is the problem - other manufacturers make it work and it looks fine. For some reason Lexus choose sometimes to use what I call "american" wood which looks like plastic........

However I don't think shiny wood on its own is the problem - other manufacturers make it work and it looks fine. For some reason Lexus choose sometimes to use what I call "american" wood which looks like plastic........

Yes, Merc used to have imitation-plastic wood in their interiors, but they seemed to have learned.

Nice link. The 460 looks good in 'Pearl'. Like the 'glows in sunshine' bit. Notice the temperature read=out says 90 degrees F!!

That Brown trim gets close to 70s Citroen colour! The SM did leather in Tan! Black (or Cream?) better.

Wasn't that keen on the 460, but that pic made me think.

But, now I have no income, I'm sticking with the Ser 4! (And even THAT is too much?)

Nice Lambretta....../ :blink:

Wasn't that keen on the 460, but that pic made me think.

Yes indeedy. The penultimate piccy - a full frontal - makes it look very desirable, doesn't it?

I thought it was a very good article but the 0-60 won't improve by pressing the sport button because the car is still the same size and weight, with the same horsepower. That said, a standard LS 460 when tested by Road & Track, ran the ss ¼ mile faster than the original AC 289 Cobra tested by The Motor. Woweeee!

I like the interior of that Sport model, the two tone leather with contrast stitching and the matte wood look really good.

Nice, but I still prefer the "shiney' wood.My link We're obviously not getting the sport model in the UK.

Nice, but I still prefer the "shiney' wood.My link We're obviously not getting the sport model in the UK.

I agree depending on the colour, we have the shiny wood in our merc too (which was an option, standard is matt) and much prefer it.

There's a really nice dark wood in the LS that comes with the white interior that looks fantastic imho.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links