Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Is200

dj0nes

Hi guys,

I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks now- I picked up my IS200 for £2400. It was originally going to be my 'sensible car' as I also have a Celica GT4- But I am really pleased with it and actually use it more than the Celica. For a ten year old car it drives spot on (well now WIM has had a play around with it!) It's also low mileage at 81k. I am pretty sure it's been treated to a full re spray as the paintwork is pretty flawless also.

I am looking to do a few bits and pieces to it looks wise but I am pretty happy with it as it is.

This is how it is currently...

Silver w/ two-tone VW 'Off Road Grey' paint

Smoked rear lights

Carputer

Lowered 50mm

HID Dipped beam

HID Fog lights

Jap backbox

Lip style spoiler

Sport grille

Full tints all round (...Well rears only if you happen to be a police man ;) )

Possible Plans...

Larger spoiler

Full exhaust system

Coilovers

New alloys

I really welcome your feedback and also your views on a scooby style color coded spoiler, would this be too over the top? It's already pretty larey for a Lexus so don't want to over do it.

img0180j.th.jpgimg0182s.th.jpg

img0187i.th.jpgimg0190e0.th.jpg

img01930.th.jpgimg0205rp.th.jpg

Also for anyone thinking of fitting a aftermarket back box, a small video of the car can be heard here.

Thanks for your time :)

Wow i like that good work :) is 50mm all round only in springs ? i keep the rear spoiler as it is than a larger spoiler, thats jst me but hey your car..........your choice........ a TRD front lip wouldnt go amiss, there quite aherm 'cheap' from lexus i paid £140 all in just need painting & fitting!

Cheers mate, I was actually looking at the TRD front lip,

The spoiler I had in mind is this one below, I would color code it silver rather than Off Road Grey.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-99-FIBRE-GLASS-FRP-REAR-BOOT-SPOILER-/350287777413?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518ec74e85#ht_2514wt_1139

Is it a sport? If not i would put an lsd on your list

i got one off ebay for £50 made a world of difference

What difference does it make ? i know what it stands for limited slip diiffrential in other words what does it do ? there are lot i dont know about cars !

Well if you have an se you have an open diff, so during launches and when powering out of corners if you try to put too much power down the wheel with least traction (inside wheel when cornering) will spin up loosing all the power, where as with an lsd some power will still be sent to the wheel with traction moving you forwards.

Doesnt really make the car noticably faster on the roads but makes it really tail happy like a rwd should be. Very fun on roundabouts and juntions :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links