Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Buying Guide Tips For Rx300?

Have been looking at X5's and VW Touareg's but both seem to have a raft of possible problems....

Any guides or recommendations on what to look out for when buying a RX300?

Have a £9k budget so looking for a high miler 90k with FSH..

Any known potential probs I should be looking for?

I would have thought you would get one with less miles than that for that money.

I've had my RX300 SEL for 4 and bit years now. Issues have been: Tyre wear, air suspension leaking, sunroof motor needed replacing, poor fuel economy, error 3/4 on stereo. Although it sounds like a lemon actually been very happy with the car.

Pretty good cars but make sure park brake operates ok as the cables can sieze so can the rear calipers otherwise pretty bombproof :)

Oh, and make sure there are no outstanding recalls on it :winky:

Andy

I've had my SE L for nearly six years now (in March 2011) and have covered 60,000 miles. So far no problem with the air suspension - but keeping fingers crossed! Stereo is still as good as new and have had no problems with the tailgate or sun roof motors. I've just done 24,000 miles on the last set of tyres and still have tread left. Proper tracking is essential or you get less than half this mileage. The parking brake cables are a bit sticky but do respond to a squirt of PTFE. Strangly in a car packed with electicals I've only had one serious problem and that was mechanical - when the front caliper seized. This was after driving through floods in the Lake District but still shouldn't have happened. Fortunarely Lexus were very understanding when it was fixed. As for fuel consumption I've had excellent figures of just over 24 mpg but of course I won't be getting that at the moment. What I am getting is a feeling of being very secure and especially so in the recent weather. The fuel figures aren't a guess either. I log every litre that goes in and do a proper brim to brim calculation over about 5,000 miles.

Alan :D

Thanks people! Yes I have been looking or the SE-L model as it seems the highest spec, is the air suspension anything to get excited about over the traditional method? Is it a more comfy ride what benefits does it have?

Anyone given a Nissan Murano a go against the RX? I like the exterior of the Murano but not the interior!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links