Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Question To Anyone Who Has Done The Fog/sidelight Mod

I've got all my twin filament bulbs holders etc. to do the job, my question is.

With the fog/sidelight mod you need to take a power feed from the sidelights obviously, does this have to be taken from down by the light cluster itself, or can I splice into one of the wires in the following picture?

Pic_6.jpg

Much more simple if I can take it from the wiring on the boot hinges, BUT if if needs to be taken from the wiring loom on the back of the light cluster, do I then have to route the cable allll the way round the back of the boot and up the hinge? As I don't remember seeing any pictures on where people have routed their cable in the 'how-to's.

Thanks in advance

David

Do you know how much it will be to post to Sweden?

Right, so my next question is...what is the colour code on the sidelight wiring that I need to splice into?

EDIT: Just tried the bulb holders and they won't fit the foglight housing, they are too different to modify without a lot of ****** about so I'm just going to find some more. :(

can you take a pick if the bulb holder?what car did you get it from.....?i got mine from an other lex is200 and just filled the lugs down fitted like a glove

can you take a pick if the bulb holder?what car did you get it from.....?i got mine from an other lex is200 and just filled the lugs down fitted like a glove

They wernt off any car, they were just generic chinese 7443 bulb holders from a seller in hong kong, although selling from america. $6.50 for a set of 4 so I thought what have I got to lose. The problem is that the lexus ones are a rectangular shape with rounded ends, but the ones I bought were just a plain rectangle, so the corners clashed with the curved housing cut out. I managed to get a couple of rear light cluster wiring looms also off eBay though so I'll just chop the proper ones off them. :)

I bought these and used the light brown ones with 3 wires

b7p2jpgbgkkgrhqrigeznvs.jpg

Had to cut off the little things (dont know how to call them sorry) on sides to make it fit but mines fit as OEM

I run the wire from LH light

Hope this helps

What you've shown in that picture is exactly what I bought off eBay today. :)

Does anyone know what the colour code for the sidelights are in the wiring that runs down the boot hinges? I thought I read somewhere that its green but I can't see a solid green wire in the picture I posted originally..

If not I'm sure I'll be able to work it out from the wiring I bought when it arrives.

i asume you are going to run the lights off the numberplate lights?when you remove the cover for the boot you will be able to see the colour you need mate..

i asume you are going to run the lights off the numberplate lights?when you remove the cover for the boot you will be able to see the colour you need mate..

Haha, now theres a good idea...I haden't even thought of that!

Problem solved then, now just need to wait for my new holders to arrive. :)

not really because if your going to do the brake conversion aswell you are going to need to go down by the lamp wiring anyway...but if your not doing the brake conversion then yes it will be easyer

Yes you still need to run a wire from the lamp wiring if you go for the brake conversion but I was saying easier for the light/fog mod which is the subject of the post :winky:

Wish I would have known months ago when I was doing mine :yawn:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links