Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Back From The Dark Side After 14 Months ?

After 14 months of being in withdrawal, I'm going to have a look at my (possible) 3rd Ls400 this morning.

I'll post more details later. It seems to be an interesting one.

Well done. Mine's now done 38230 on an " M " plate and I bought it December 2007 at 8542 miles.

How much did u pay ? Mine cost me £3700 3 years ago now.

Malc

Well done. Mine's now done 38230 on an " M " plate and I bought it December 2007 at 8542 miles.

Malc

Mine's an M plate as well. I'll put some pics up soon.

I paid £1700.

Looks exactly like mine ...... only clean !!!

So there we have it .......... . depreciation of £666 per annum ( £55 a month ) for a golden oldie. Can't be worth much less than £1700 can it ? surely !!!

My expenses to date have been getting Vince ( on here ) to re-solder the dash so it lights up ok and a new Battery. 4 new tyres and brake pads back and front and an oil and oil filter.

It came with original and just about perished tyres.

Oh, and about a zillion pounds in fuel !!

Coming up are a further 2 tyres and another oil change.

Absolutely fantastic motoring for no money methinks !

Malc

So there we have it .......... . depreciation of £666 per annum ( £55 a month ) for a golden oldie. Can't be worth much less than £1700 can it ? surely !!!

My expenses to date have been getting Vince ( on here ) to re-solder the dash so it lights up ok and a new battery. 4 new tyres and brake pads back and front and an oil and oil filter.

It came with original and just about perished tyres.

Oh, and about a zillion pounds in fuel !!

Coming up are a further 2 tyres and another oil change.

Absolutely fantastic motoring for no money methinks !

Malc

My dash has been resoldered ( invoice and still under warranty from BBA Reman )

4 almost new tyres fitted

climate control displays are black, but new unit supplied with car.

Cant complain:)

Hi, excellent condition motor, are they later series 3 alloys someones fitted?

Steve

Thanks.

As fas as I know they are just the standard alloys. I had the same ones on my '93 as well

I had a 92 J reg plate one before and spent 6 months at least trying to find the one I now have.

I guess once one has a LS400 there's nothing like it to want to replace it with.

I went for the lowest mileage example I could find and amazingly .................. found it.

Malc

I had a 92 J reg plate one before and spent 6 months at least trying to find the one I now have.

I guess once one has a LS400 there's nothing like it to want to replace it with.

I went for the lowest mileage example I could find and amazingly .................. found it.

Malc

I wasn't (actively)looking, but I always have my eyes open for an Ls400 for sale. This one popped up on eBay just 35 miles from me....I could not resist.

I think £1700 is a good price considering the mileage and the condition. It absolutely drives like new!!

The prices of the Ls400 seems to be a bit of a grey area. There are still quite a few mkII Ls400's with intergalactic mileage for sale for £2500 and up.

What an absolute beauty. Looks like mine looked about 150,000 miles ago. I am amazed there are still some 94 LSs about with so few miles. Id love to find one and run it for ever.

Mine is a silver 93 LS with 183k on the clock. And the suspension is starting to show its age with a few creaks and clunks from that back and i think the front.

Now ive seen your new beauty, im on the hunt for a similar time warp bargain.

Well done Ruud. Bargain.

Welcome back Ruud.

I purchased mine in January 2006 with 62,000 KMs the equivalent of 38,000 for £3750 it now has 94,000 so 70,000 miles ( it was converted before purchase).

Thanks Steve :)

What an absolute beauty. Looks like mine looked about 150,000 miles ago. I am amazed there are still some 94 LSs about with so few miles. Id love to find one and run it for ever.

Mine is a silver 93 LS with 183k on the clock. And the suspension is starting to show its age with a few creaks and clunks from that back and i think the front.

Well done Ruud. Bargain.

Thanks Sir John :)

I intend to keep this one for a long time. Like you said, low mileage ones are very scarce.

Well done Ruud. Bargain.

I intend to keep this one for a long time. Like you said, low mileage ones are very scarce.

If you ever want to sell it let me know. Personally, i think its the best looking model and colour.

Well done Ruud. Bargain.

If you ever want to sell it let me know. Personally, i think its the best looking model and colour.

I will do.

I agree, although I also like a nice shiny black one.

Another interesting bit of info...

The car came fitted with an ancient phone and kit with a seperate hand set under the center arm rest..lol

The phone is a Nokia NHK-1XA and turns out to be the first ever phone with sms function and number recognition.

Now do I leave it in or remove it......

nokiaNHK-1XA.jpg

Malc

I paid £1700.

What an absolute beauty, Motoring heaven,

Mike

Malc

I paid £1700.

What an absolute beauty, Motoring heaven,

Mike

Thanks Mike

Ruud,

Well done on returning to Lexus and well done on the purchase. It's been close for me over the past month....nearly sold my MKIV, but I'm back too.

Mine too has an ancient car kit in it. Mine has a Nokia 2110 :)

Thanks

Mike

Ruud,

Well done on returning to Lexus and well done on the purchase. It's been close for me over the past month....nearly sold my MKIV, but I'm back too.

Mine to has an ancient car kit in it. Mine has a Nokia 2110 :)

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, I was following your topic about the sale.

I've had soooooo many different cars over the years, and also executive cars like the LS, but there's not a single one that even comes close.

My daily driver is(was- now I have the LS) a 2010 Kia Cee'd SW. It's utter crap compared to the LS :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links