Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mkiii Stereo/scorpion T5000 Alarm

Evenin' all

I have hit upon a strange problem.

The Pioneer unit didn't work?? After lengthy testing, the permanent live (PV) was only receiving 10.7v and I have no idea why. The only electrical "drain" was the drivers' door ajar and the red light on the door and the warning light on the dash. Giving the PV as near 12v as possible, radio works fine. Bridging the PV and the ignition feeds in the plug, gave the PV 12v. In theory nothing lost or gained as the ignition has to be at "acc" for the radio to work anyway.

So, stripped radio down and soldered on the main pcb a feed to the PV from the ignition pin. Rebuild, plug radio in which appears to work fine. Leave radio proped in car, switch off ignition and lock up as normal and alarm sounds immediately. Why? Take radio out, lock up, no issue; alarm etc sets as normal.

When I plugged the radio in there was a click from behind the main dash. Any ideas why? (The Scorpion being located behind the glove box, not the dash).

Grateful for comments.

Scorpion is a Thatham Cat-1 device.

You could try Thatcham, they may have an archive of technical information.

I have posted links here before.... with details of what the alarm 'protects'

Hi Simon. Thanks for responding. Thought I was seeing double then realised the time of your post ;)

I remember you posting it. I found it and saved it. It doesn't go in to any detail - Remote/3 Circuits/Ultrasonic/Central Locking - it doesn't specify which 3 circuits so I will see what Thatcham can do.

I will see what Thatcham can do.

Nothing would be the short answer. The slightly longer answer would be to put me in touch with a local supplier. I have emailed them and await a response but am not hopeful as the likelihood of them ever having seen one of these systems working is extremely remote and they have already indicated that I might like a new 1 :crying:

Maybe the scorpion is checking for a voltage on the "acc" feed when it is armed, and the low pv voltage is being fed onto it (through the bridge you put in) when the ignition is switched off?

Maybe the scorpion is checking for a voltage on the "acc" feed when it is armed, and the low pv voltage is being fed onto it (through the bridge you put in) when the ignition is switched off?

That sounds extremly logical. So by having joined the 2, the systems "saying someones fiddling with the ignition, I'll go off."

Its only a second or 2 to remove it with the soldering iron.

I'm going to start a new thread about the low voltage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links