Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newb - Hello !

k1elliott

Hi All,

Glad to have joined.

I just went out and picked myself up a beautiful 1995 LS400 - second gen, pre facelift. It's showing c. 147k miles and has had TB done twice - once recently :-) Got it for the princely sum of Eur 750 :D

This is it just after I got it - currently cleaning her up. Loads of gunk etc stuck in the usual channels/trims etc etc

IMG_6408.jpg

Looking forward to reading all the tech posts and writeups and indeed contributing myself.

Noticing some moisture in the cabin (not the boot ;-) ) - looks like its coming in from the upper windscreen seal.

Cheers,

Thanks all.

I've stripped her out and rebuilt the interior. (Found an old Irish pound coin under the centre console - amonngst other items) Pretty happy with it so far. Leather is a bit tired. Replaced most of those horrible miniature bulbs while I was at it.

interiorClean.jpg

Cleaned up very well.

I've noticed a knocking from the suspension which gives a fair amount of feedback. Everything looks okay with the wheels off. I think the drop links could be renewed for sure but there's not that much play there.

The thrust arm bushings look a bit tired too along with the upper control arm bushings. But, apart from looking tired there doesn't seem to be anything I can see that would cause the knocking.

Any common issues in this department?

Also, I have a torn dust ocover on the steering gear (part 45536). Going to have to separate that arm to get a new one on.

Welcome to the LOC.

Now that's what you call a strip down,no problem getting the Vax in there for that new carpet look.

Front suspension knocks are normally bottom ball joints,upper control arms,anti roll bar bushes or suspension top mounts.

Thanks Steve2006.

The front suspension looks relatively easy to work with so I'll most likely rip it apart.

Stealer best place for parts? Re: bushings, I have a press and will hopefully be able to source poly's. I saw a handy thread on here for suppliers.

EDIT: - Found the SuperFlex site. Looks like they have everything. Pricey !

• 2 weeks later...

Question for you good people.

Just off the phone with SuperFlex and they confirmed that they only stock bushings for the UCF10 I/II. They're unsure whether the front suspension bushings are compatible with the UCF20 (mine).

Anyone have an idea? Specifically upper/lower CA and ARB.

Cheers,

(edit) to be fair to them they said they'd take the parts back if I ordered and found they were incompatible. Nice people.

(edit2) Just saw the post on the suspension forum. I'll take a look at the links.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links