Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fuel Pump

james m

afternoon everyone,

its lexus is200, 2001, engine runs ok, before it worms up, as soon as its worm, fule pump makes ticking noise but if i keep revv to 1000 or any higher that noise stops, would anybody be able to give me any advice please

De Worming tablets ?? :lol:

yes mate thats what i meant round thing attached on the engine regulating fuel pressure, sorry i aint got a clue whats going on there, but these garages cost me so much money, i ve decided to learn and do some bits myself) thanks for your replies

Fuel pump is under the back seat....in the fuel tank.

Are you sure you're looking at the pump? And not, say, the fuel pressure regulator at the end of the injection rail?

Sorry. Before anyone scolds me, the fuel pressure regulator is on the fuel pump as well.

The small device on the end of the injection rail is the Fuel Pressure Pulsation Damper.

And, james m, the piston on the Fuel Pressure Pulsation Damper will move in and out and may click because the fuel pressure in the lines is rapidly changing due to actuation of the injectors.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links