Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Size For '95 Ls400

Hi all

Have just enjoyed reading various threads about Lexuses (or should that be Lexii?) saved from scrapyards etc blah blah blah...

Anyway, possibly an easy question for most of you, but one causing me much confusion. Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, I didn't find it that easy to navigate the site.

I need to replace the Battery on my '95 LS 400. My Lexus dealer (I wasn't even going to try them but a post i found on here prompted me to do so!) just quoted me £66 for a replacement (he took the reg and the details of the car) and gave me the details as:

Ah 70

DIN 630

Amps 620

Now, my mechanic tells me that this is too small, as it is an "063" Battery, and he has checked and I need an "075".

Google searches seem to offer various different Battery sizes for my car, and the owner's manual does not specify a Battery size.

Please help...any advice muchly appreciated :)

Hi all

Have just enjoyed reading various threads about Lexuses (or should that be Lexii?) saved from scrapyards etc blah blah blah...

Anyway, possibly an easy question for most of you, but one causing me much confusion. Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, I didn't find it that easy to navigate the site.

I need to replace the battery on my '95 LS 400. My Lexus dealer (I wasn't even going to try them but a post i found on here prompted me to do so!) just quoted me £66 for a replacement (he took the reg and the details of the car) and gave me the details as:

Ah 70

DIN 630

Amps 620

Now, my mechanic tells me that this is too small, as it is an "063" battery, and he has checked and I need an "075".

Google searches seem to offer various different battery sizes for my car, and the owner's manual does not specify a battery size.

Please help...any advice muchly appreciated :)

That is the correct Battery for the LS, part number is 28800-YZZJC. You do not need an "075" Battery.

Andy

Battery specifications confuse me,the 063 seems to be for smaller engines up to 2.0L so the 075 would be more suited to a larger engine but the main cosiderations are Amp Hours and cold cranking Amperes,this is the difference from starting OK on that cold icy morning and not.

The terminals on mine are also opposite to the normal setup and so the last Battery I had was ordered and fitted the same day.

Mine was from a local tyre fitters with a 3 year guarantee at around £60.00,it is now coming up to the 3 years and has never let me down.

I bought the £66 Battery from the main dealer as my '98 LS was getting a bit lazy during the cold weather...

I would go with the Lexus dealers recomendation as they should know which Battery is required.

I must admit though, it does look small (physically) for the car, but I trust the dealer.

Thanks

Mike

I would normally go with AcLex view too BUT the size Ah and Cold Cranking does seem a bit too lite for my mind too !

No harm anyway in going for something rather more robust provided it fits the space and the lugs are the right way around. The price of a meatier Battery wouldn't be much costlier in any event, and £66 or so seems a good deal too.

But of course it's your choice ! I remember when LS400 batteries cost a fortune; then competition set in .... . thank heavens.

Malc

Wow...many thanks guys...great responses - Malc, Mike, Steve and Andy.

This afternoon both Lexus Manchester and Lexus Stockport confirmed that this "063" is the correct one for my car using the reg and chassis number.

I actually bought a used Battery 6 months ago, that was an "068" and came from a Lexus breakers, and the gentleman told me it was from a MkIV LS400, and was thus a bit smaller. Even this "068" was too small for the Battery tray, and a result the Battery clamp wouldn't fit so has had to be cable-tied down.

I just want the right one really, one that the Battery clamp fits on, and that should be the correct one! Hmm I shall do some thinking.

I think I will go to Lexus Stockport, buy the one they say, then get them to put it on, and if the Battery clamp won't fit, we will know. I must admit I am swaying towards an 075 as my mechanic did show me how the 068 that i bought was too small for the tray, and it also sounds like an 075 would be more suited to a 4.0 V8. But then again, the dealer should know for sure...and also Andy confirmed what the dealer said. Ohhh I don't know...

Haha. I've just realised there are 2 Steves - both your LS's are very handsome by the way. I like. I have realised I am going to be spending a lot of time on here - it's fun. So I better get adding a pic to my screen name really hadn't I.

Haha. I've just realised there are 2 Steves - both your LS's are very handsome by the way. I like. I have realised I am going to be spending a lot of time on here - it's fun. So I better get adding a pic to my screen name really hadn't I.

I think this thread has got side tracked ;) LOL

By the way, if it is any help, both of my LS's run this Battery and have no problems :)

Andy

Hi,Just replaced my battery on my LS400 (1999 Mk4) bought genuine toyota battery from lexus. The battery does not seem small put the part number they gave me is not the same as quoted in earlier posts. Part Number 28800YZZAG. Hope this helps.

YZZAG is the earlier number and has now been replaced by the YZZJC part number.

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links