Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I am in the final throes of changing my Nissan Patrol 4.2TD (Japanese Import).

I had my preference as

1.Volvo XC90

2. BMW X5

3. VW Toureg

The Volvo was my well preferred choice as it is a lot cheaper than the X5, with tons more space: and the Toureg though big looks too much like a big Golf , especially from the back.

I had discounted the MK1 RX300 as

a) The wheel arches intruded too muc hinto the boot space, leaving onl a small aseable area

B) it did not seem roomy enough

c) it got a bad press for being poor on wet grass!!

However I saw the new RX 300 at Vienna Airport yesterday, and I was curious. Now I have been reading the postings so I will arrange a test drive.

However, has anyone taken the new model off-road? If so how did it perform?

Is it any more roomy than the previuous model and does it have better boot space?

I went on a recent 'Open Road Event' organised by Lexus where you get a chance to drive different models.

We took the RX300 on the off-road course (very mild I'm sure). It was good fun and felt very secure, but I'm positive if you were into serious off-roading you're better off with a Land Rover

the X5 isnt very good on anything with the word wet or slippey in it......

so id not look at that, unless you live in london and need it to get up curbs when droping the kids of at school

More roomy - Yes much

More boot space - Slightly but you can move the seats more than the old one to give even more

Good Off-road - Nope, you have lost me on that one, off-road :unsure: , off-road :blink: , off-road <_< , nope sorry I'm lost, any clues

if you're chasing for a good 4x4 in off road (but will not be as good as your Patrol anyway) the best of the three is the Touareg.

This one is able to do a good job in off road, I'm just reminding what a friend told me after a test drive, he's driving daily a Range Rover with a full 4x4 options set (suspensions, tyres, etc, etc) so I would trust him.

@d'taleur

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links