Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F1 On Sky

Redsteve

Hello Chaps,

how do you feel about the new deal between the BBC and Sky Sports for the coverage of the F1 season for next year?

I am disappointed that I will only see half the races live but at least the highlights will always be on the BBC (hopefully the BBC will have only lost the boring races anyway).

I refuse to pay Sky for the Sports package when F1 would be the only thing I watch.

Steve.

If you want to make your feelings known to the BBC then you can write a comment on the blog of the Head of F1 on BBC. He wrote an article on what a great deal it was. Over 7000 comments so far disagreeing with him. Blog

I have Sky (mainly so I can watch cricket, Indycar, and the NFL) so I'll still be able to watch it, but it is a rather disappointing move.

The BBC F1 coverage has been great this year, and I can't see Sky putting together anything near as good ... although I'm willing to give them a chance. Then there is the inevitable return of advertising to the coverage - rather poor when you're paying a not-insubstantial sum anyway to watch it.

Sky can make a good start by hiring Ben Edwards (one of my favourite motorsport commentators), but I just know I'm going to be disappointed...

I can't see Sky doing the coverage half as well all I hope is that they don't sign up John Watson

Bet you, it wont be too long before Sky take over the entire F1 coverage,shame everything seems to be money driven and sadly the BBC cant compete with sky.After they take over the F1 coverage what next?any guesses?

Sky have stated that the races will be shown in their entirety without advertising breaks during the actual race. They don't show adverts during football matches so I believe them. It was ITV who were, annoyingly, interrupting coverage with adverts. Unfortunately the licence fee only stretches so far and by the time the BBC has sent various broadcast teams on pointless worldwide excursions and executives on various junkets F1 coverage is no longer within their budget capabilities.

Whilst I can understand the annoyance of non Sky Sport subscribers regarding F1, there are various other sporting events that are available mainly on Sky channels which also have large followings.

My main annoyance is that with stuff like football you get quite a few matches for your money. If you don't already have Sky Sports and are just getting it for the F1, you are paying the subscription effectively just for 10 races (with the others on the BBC) which to me is a bit of a waste of money.

Will be even worse if it's not on Sky Sports 1 or 2 which can be subscribed to individually, if it's on one of the others then I'll be really annoyed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links