Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Tuning On Is220D

ULISSE

Hello all.

I would open a topic to discuss seriously opportunities to increase power in this car, which should not be the usual stupid Chipbox or Sprintbooster. Examples:

- Did anyone try water7methanol injection on this car?

- Did anyone tried to install different and bigger turbo?

- What about remapping? Actually seems impossible..someone has any news about this possibility?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So, about tuning, go to the section "Brakes and suspensions" where i posted photos of my new front D2 racing brakes. If u give more Power to the car, u need also more braking power ;)

There is no option to remap the ECU. You have to install an external box and "feed" the ECU with incorrect readings so it can add more fuel, more boost or advance and etc.

Replacing the turbo with a bigger one seems like a good option as the compression ratio is not as high as I thought so you can easily squeeze at least 50 more horsepower without a harm to the internal components.

I have chipbox from CNTECH (CR6-SB) italian brand and Sprintbooster, and W/m injection (Devilsown) and other tricks (FAP emulator, closed EGR with turbo recirculation, vapor oil tank, etc...)...the car runs VERY well....bigger turbo should need probably a remapp to work properly, so i'm waiting that guys from Alientech should be able to remapp this ECU. Starting to play with compressor without be able to remapp is dangerous.

Install Sprintbooster and lag will disappear ;) without Sprintbooster the car seems simply broken. Check in your country who sells it, money well spent ;) i paid around 230 Euro on italian webshop.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Someone here knows about this leader in strutbars for stiffening and improve handling of the car?

This Malaysian firm, Ultraracing, produce also accessories for our IS.

Look here, seems very interesting:

http://www.ultraracing.my/Catalog.asp?Brand=Lexus&Model=IS%20250&page=1

I would install the front strut bar and the front anti roll bar on my IS220D, i'm studying about this ;) prices are very very good...

Have you considered installing a thicker/bigger intercooler on the lower front part of the bumper? There is a lot of space there.

I know the standard one is quite big in length and width but not thick enough and located behind the AC condenser. it should be directly behind the front grill for maximum cooling effect.

By the search I have done it shouldn't very difficult to pass the inlet and outlet pipes to that lower part of the bumper.

A very nice project on this link: http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forced-induction/12016-project-intercooler-upgrade.html

the reason for which i installed W/m injection was exactly this: obtain the same effect in more economic and simple way. BUt yess i don't exclude in the future if i'll find some not expensive intercooler to install it in front off the car. Thanks for link ;)

Anyway our general problem is the impossibility to remapp ECU to take advantages from these mechanical improvements like bigger intercooler, free exaust, free sportive air filter....and so on.

• 2 months later...

I have chipbox from CNTECH (CR6-SB) italian brand and Sprintbooster, and W/m injection (Devilsown) and other tricks (FAP emulator, closed EGR with turbo recirculation, vapor oil tank, etc...)...the car runs VERY well....bigger turbo should need probably a remapp to work properly, so i'm waiting that guys from Alientech should be able to remapp this ECU. Starting to play with compressor without be able to remapp is dangerous.

Hi Ulisse,

I have an oil vapor catch tank I want to install this weekend.

Did you install yours the eco-friendly way or the non-friendly way?

What I mean is, did you connect the second pipe coming from the tank to the existing air intake hole or are you letting the fumes out?

On this

the guy has taken the outlet pipe of the tank under the car and towards the back of the car so that nothing gets back in the intake.

• 1 month later...

opsss, sorry if i answer so late to u, but saw your post only now:

u can do as u prefer, i reconnected the exit of the oil tank to the air-pipe...but actually i should do as u said: put a piece of tube that send oil on the street: the quantity of oil vapors that comes out from the tank is very very little.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links