Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've had to replace a brake light bulb!!. This mindless expense can't carry on,the wife says. This has happened after only six months of ownership of my £500 200,000 miles LS400. If another bulb goes that'll be it - it'll be the crusher for her. I LOVE MY LEXUS.

I've had to replace a brake light bulb!!. This mindless expense can't carry on,the wife says. This has happened after only six months of ownership of my £500 200,000 miles LS400. If another bulb goes that'll be it - it'll be the crusher for her. I LOVE MY LEXUS.

I Sympathise with you on this one ,but I can honestly say that My 1990 Ls400 as never had a light bulb replaced.

But before we get carried away my car as only done 180000 miles.

The point is that its not how good the light bulbs are it is the superb electrical wiring and balance that is the key to low frequency of electrical system faults on the LS400.

I Have a 1976 Mini kit car that I use for runabout and something goes wrong with the electrics every week mainly the wiring but when I start work on it compared to the Lexus its like an archelogical dig.The plus point is that parts are pennies so I count my blessings that Lexus got it right again.

lol@thatfatbloke I know what ya mean 50p for a side light bulb ! the expense just keeps mounting lmao :)

Are you going to spread the exspense over a period of time or are you financially endowed enough to be able to fork out for it all in one go?

Mike

Hey, over 3 LS400s Mk1 and Mk2 and now the Mk3 and driving 120k miles over nearly 9 years I have only ever replaced two bulbs !

One a rear sidelight bulb on the Mk1 and the other a little bugger of an internal bulb above the central mirror on the Mk2 ! And that one was so hard to source too !

Might have spent 75p over the years ............... but I think the internal bulb was a freebie coz the garage owner had to delve into his historic supplies from just postwar ( not sure which one tho' )

Malc

Get it crushed mate. Your on the slippery slope there my lad. Its a light bulb today and a 5 amp fuse tomorrow.

You cant go on like that. Best to cut your losses before its too late.

Failing that, get in touch with Lexus UK. Its a flippin disgrace. They should be meeting you half way repairs like this. Bout time they made a good will gesture.

Why, only the other day i had to put more fuel in mine. The greedy car had used all the fresh petrol i put in last week. Cant go on mate, just cant go on!

We could have a whip round.....

We could set up a special charity account with Coutts & Co

Another thought we could always contact and ask Sir Bob to arrange a Lexus Aid Concert 2011

Mike

• 1 month later...

Another thought we could always contact and ask Sir Bob to arrange a Lexus Aid Concert 2011

Mike

As Sir Bob used to have one it might be a goer

Mike

As Sir Bob used to have one it might be a goer

So he does have some taste then.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links