Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Wing Mirrors.

Hi Everyone.

Some little idiot in his sooped up Corsa took out my drivers wing mirror.

Are the mirrors heated ?

As this will increase the amount his mother has to fork out to me to avoid putting up he's allready huge £3000 car insurance. :sick:

Can i get a replacement through my local Toyota dealership or do i need to go to Lexus ?

Cheers.

Terry.

I'm not sure whether all models are heated, but I know my sport has heated mirrors.

Either way I think his mum is gunna have a shock when she sees the bill... :whistling:

EDIT: I think you should be able to get them from Toyota, but I wouldn't have thought the Altezza had heated mirrors. So check that first.

I don't know if this applies to all models but the button on the dash board for the rear window heater on mine also includes a little picture of the wing mirrors. I seem to remember seeing some IS200s where there is only the symbol of the rear windscreen. I don't know if this actually means anything but I'm guess it is likely given the attention to detail Lexus usually put in. The alternative of course is to remove the old mirror and have a look. I had to get a replacement one for mine and I got it from the Toyota dealer spares centre - the person should be thankful that you don't have heated and auto-dimming wing mirrors - they are ruinously expensive as I found out! I seem to remember the heated ones where about £90 for the glass only.

Thanks, Dave

I don't know if this applies to all models but the button on the dash board for the rear window heater on mine also includes a little picture of the wing mirrors. I seem to remember seeing some IS200s where there is only the symbol of the rear windscreen. I don't know if this actually means anything but I'm guess it is likely given the attention to detail Lexus usually put in. The alternative of course is to remove the old mirror and have a look. I had to get a replacement one for mine and I got it from the Toyota dealer spares centre - the person should be thankful that you don't have heated and auto-dimming wing mirrors - they are ruinously expensive as I found out! I seem to remember the heated ones where about £90 for the glass only.

Thanks, Dave

I think the difference there is that if you have the wing mirror 'icon' on the rear window demister button, your heated mirrors come on when you turn on the rear demist. If you don't have this icon (as I don't), then they're on all the time.

Could be wrong though!

They are all heated, only thing that changed is that with early cars the heater is on permanently while with later cars it is switched.

Don't see why you have to go out of your way because of some idiot, get a quote for replacement at Lexus and have them pay for it.

Update On wing mirror price.

Phoned Lexus in Cardiff and spoke to the parts department about a replacement heated mirror.

£85.00 + VAT = £102.00 and seeing as they won't post the part i'm having a day out to Cardiff (at the expense of mr careful driver)i might ad.

So a nice total of £130.00 for being a plonker.

I hope this teaches him a lesson.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

• 1 month later...

Update On wing mirror price.

Phoned Lexus in Cardiff and spoke to the parts department about a replacement heated mirror.

£85.00 + VAT = £102.00 and seeing as they won't post the part i'm having a day out to Cardiff (at the expense of mr careful driver)i might ad.

So a nice total of £130.00 for being a plonker.

I hope this teaches him a lesson.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Sounds as though your little friend is getting off light. I have just been in contact with Plymouth Lexus and the replacement unit for mine was £465.00. I now have a quote for the colour coded cowl: £48.00 and the mirror itself: £98.00.

It may be of interest to other members to know that I have just tried to save a few bob by getting a replacement unit from a breakers yard, paid £40.00 for what looked like an identical unit. All was going well until I withdrew the the connector tail from the door, not only a different connector but a different number of wires. After an awful lot of cursing and swearing, I decided to dismantle the replacement that I had bought and only replace the mirror and the cowl.......... Wrong! It took a complete day to figure out how to remove the mirror, only to find that it had a different connector on the back of it, and then it turned out that the cowl for the replacement unit was fixed on with 3 screw fasteners, whereas the original was secured with 3 spring clips. Totally not interchangeable!

Anyone thinking of going down the "cheap option" line needs to be very careful, especially when buying replacement parts on line.

Hope this helps someone out there. Rontee

Good advice, having been down the non genuine parts road i made a sharp U turn.

Always buy genuine parts they may cost a bit more but what the heck :winky:

Still trying to replace my wing mirror but presently taking two steps backwards for each one forwards. I got a 2000 model mirror but the design and wiring is different to my 2003 model. My original mirror has 2 extra wires leading into the connector block and from other postings here I am begining to think that these are the on/off leads which were not fitted to earlier models. Is anyone able to confirm this and does anyone know which year the colour coordinated cover fastening was changed from screw on to clip on. The 2000 model is held on with 3 screws behind the mirror while mine is a clip on job with 3 plastic sprung clips which latch on to the plastic plate behind the mirror. Neither one will replace the other. I am now being offered a 2002 replacement unit but I cannot establish if it is identical to my original. Any ideas?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links