Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 F-Sport Audio Questions

Hi from and oldie!

I'm replacing my 2007 GS300 SEL with an IS250 F-Sport next month (going from cash allowance into company scheme and after driving the usual suspects, the IS was the easy winner despite the higher BIK tax). I'm struggling to find out the exact position with regard to the audio system. I'm upgrading the the full map navigation and the dealer I'm speaking with refers to it as the "Multimedia pack" which would sugget it comes with the Gracenote jukebox system and is the Levinson kit. However, the brochure I have say's otherwise that it is a "Premium Lexus Audio" system and no mention of gracenote.

Anyone with a 2011 MY (LED DLR model) F-Sport out there that can confirm what I'm likely to get?

Cheers,

DJ.

Hi

I have a 2011 SE-L with the Full map upgrade. Unfortunately this is this best you can get and it does not come with the Mark Levinson System or the Gracenote jukebox. However I have seen in the hidden menu that the Gracenote CDDB is present as is the 10GB partition for the jukebox. Its just not visible in the interface so can not be used. I wonder if there is a way to enable this?

Anyway, the 'Premium Audio System' is a Pioneer system consisting of 13 Speakers and is pretty good, although it doesn't have as much base as the Mark Levinson system on our '07 SE-L. I have no idea why Lexus removed this from the options list, together with the memory function (Seats, Mirrors and Steering Wheel) on the 2011MY F Sports.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that.

I've got the full-works ML kit in my GS and the sound quality is awesome. Hoping the standard 13 speaker system doesn't disappoint then. Strange that the system appears to have Gracenote albeit it's disabled... as you say, there must be a way to enable it. Time to google... ;)

I had a look on Google and on other forums but couldn't find anything. Please let me know if you come across any info. I use my iPod for music and would do even if I had the HDD, but it would be interesting to see if this can be enabled. Another clue that these cars do have the CDDB is that the version is shown along with the Map information in the update menu

Sadly, I can confirm what DJ has said.

I believe that the Gracenote functionality and Levinson kit are not present in my April MY2011 IS 250 F-Sport.

My Owner Manual indicates to me, that the Gracenote comes with the DVD Changer and/or HDD

Anyway, like F.A., let us know please if you find out how to enable the Gracenote CDDB

BTW if you've got an Iphone, I think you will enjoy using it with the car's Bluetooth or USB port system. Brilliant.

Argento

Hi from and oldie!

I'm replacing my 2007 GS300 SEL with an IS250 F-Sport next month (going from cash allowance into company scheme and after driving the usual suspects, the IS was the easy winner despite the higher BIK tax). I'm struggling to find out the exact position with regard to the audio system. I'm upgrading the the full map navigation and the dealer I'm speaking with refers to it as the "Multimedia pack" which would sugget it comes with the Gracenote jukebox system and is the Levinson kit. However, the brochure I have say's otherwise that it is a "Premium Lexus Audio" system and no mention of gracenote.

Anyone with a 2011 MY (LED DLR model) F-Sport out there that can confirm what I'm likely to get?

Cheers,

DJ.

• 2 weeks later...

It mentions on the accessory brochure that the DAB unit is'POS' which I am assuming is Point Of Sale, so that's probably why your dealer is saying that they can't retrofit it. From what I have seen (and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) the aerial for the DAB is stuck to the top left inside of the Windscreen, so I assume the whole dash needs to be taken out to wire this in, which sounds like a lot of work and time and as a result a high labour charge?? I'm just speculating!

It does seem odd though, as many other manufacturers are able to retro fit DAB units as mentioned in last weeks Auto Express write up on DAB. In this article there was the following quote from Toyota "Digital Radio is a slowly developing market. We feel there is still a coverage issue and the analogue service still provides excellent coverage"

True, but then this choice will be non existent if coverage is poor. I think there are mixed reviews on here. Some people have no trouble with it whilst others do. I suppose it depends on where they are based

Good choice on the colour of your new car though, it will look similar to mine!

The Mrs has DAB in her Mini and quality is fine. I will probably just end up using my iPhone which is on true unlimited data and stream internet radio ("The Radio" is a great free app for UK streams).

My 250C SE-L comes with DAB as standard however I am given to believe that its not integral to the Mark Lev system and that its a 'bolt on'. Works fine though.

The sound system packed up a short while ago, under warrantee they replaced the CD unit and the computer. Both part were in excess of £7,000 according to the dealer ! I'll definitely be extending the warrantee when it expires.

• 1 year later...

Scooze me resurrecting this thread.... :whistling: . Though in fairness its more relating to DAB than the original post title...but...hey ho!!

Have just stumbled across the following pdf relating to installing the DAB unit into LHD is250. May be of interest to some as there are some add on DAB units available....if you want to part with nearly £400!!

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7B6FD49BF7-6811-529A-6687-F576F1226811%7D/IS_DAB_LHD_PZ473-00211-00_AIM_001_724_0.pdf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links