Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've actually got a question this time!

My Battery has let go after 4 years so after doing the usual google search I got one from Lexus Derby today.

At the time I thought the terminals were on the wrong side but came home with it anyway after Sean said I could return it if it was wrong and assuring me this was the correct Battery.

Sure enough I have the terminals the other way around with +ve on the left and -ve on the right looking at the Battery with the terminals nearest to you,so the positive lead is nearest the engine,-ve lead nearest the wing.

My question is what is the standard Battery terminal layout as I was under the impression most Japanese cars had this layout or is it a Toyota Celsior thing?

The new Battery as initially suspected is the wrong way around terminal wise.

My battery has let go after 4 years so after doing the usual google search I got one from Lexus Derby today.

At the time I thought the terminals were on the wrong side but came home with it anyway after Sean said I could return it if it was wrong and assuring me this was the correct battery.

Sure enough I have the terminals the other way around with +ve on the left and -ve on the right looking at the battery with the terminals nearest to you,so the positive lead is nearest the engine,-ve lead nearest the wing.

My question is what is the standard battery terminal layout as I was under the impression most Japanese cars had this layout or is it a Toyota Celsior thing?

The new battery as initially suspected is the wrong way around terminal wise.

Steve,

PM me your frame or chassis number and I will check it for you ;)

Andy

Now I feel a right idiot! I thought the Battery terminals faced towards the front of the car when in fact they face the rear,the Battery was the correct terminal layout and was fitted in 10 minutes including the sometimes awkward Battery cover.

So apologies to Sean at Lexus Derby for me doubting him when he is the Lexus part expert and I am just the monkey fitting them. :blush: :blush: :blush:

The new Toyota Battery is a 70AH with 630 CCA ( the old one was 70AH but only 570 CCA) this one nearly throws the engine out the bay on cranking!

There is a down side however I have discovered that after 17 years my bonnet struts have finally succumbed and this will mean a visit to Derby again to have them regassed.

Finally I managed to lose my car key within the confines of the garage,all tools back out,a hands and knees crawl around the area and still no sign of the key. All became clear when I picked up the Sealey LED inspection lamp used earlier when fitting the Battery, the thing is magnetic allowing it to stick to bodywork and in my case the car key had become very attached to it!!!!

My battery has let go after 4 years so after doing the usual google search I got one from Lexus Derby today.

At the time I thought the terminals were on the wrong side but came home with it anyway after Sean said I could return it if it was wrong and assuring me this was the correct battery.

Sure enough I have the terminals the other way around with +ve on the left and -ve on the right looking at the battery with the terminals nearest to you,so the positive lead is nearest the engine,-ve lead nearest the wing.

My question is what is the standard battery terminal layout as I was under the impression most Japanese cars had this layout or is it a Toyota Celsior thing?

Steve,

Andy

Cheers Andy but read my next post :whistling:

Steve,

Andy

LOL, I did wonder but I thought Steve woundn't do that, would he?? ;)

Andy

Steve,

Andy

LOL, I did wonder but I thought Steve woundn't do that, would he?? ;)

Andy

I also failed my bomb disposal course after not knowing whether to connect the black wire or red wire!!! lol

I also failed my bomb disposal course after not knowing whether to connect the black wire or red wire!!! lol

LOL, so if I see you running........................ :winky:

Andy

Now I feel a right idiot! I thought the battery terminals faced towards the front of the car when in fact they face the rear,the battery was the correct terminal layout and was fitted in 10 minutes including the sometimes awkward battery cover.

So apologies to Sean at Lexus Derby for me doubting him when he is the Lexus part expert and I am just the monkey fitting them. :blush: :blush: :blush:

The new Toyota battery is a 70AH with 630 CCA ( the old one was 70AH but only 570 CCA) this one nearly throws the engine out the bay on cranking!

There is a down side however I have discovered that after 17 years my bonnet struts have finally succumbed and this will mean a visit to Derby again to have them regassed.

Finally I managed to lose my car key within the confines of the garage,all tools back out,a hands and knees crawl around the area and still no sign of the key. All became clear when I picked up the Sealey LED inspection lamp used earlier when fitting the battery, the thing is magnetic allowing it to stick to bodywork and in my case the car key had become very attached to it!!!!

I used GS struts on my LS

Now I feel a right idiot! I thought the battery terminals faced towards the front of the car when in fact they face the rear,the battery was the correct terminal layout and was fitted in 10 minutes including the sometimes awkward battery cover.

The new Toyota battery is a 70AH with 630 CCA ( the old one was 70AH but only 570 CCA) this one nearly throws the engine out the bay on cranking!

Finally I managed to lose my car key within the confines of the garage,all tools back out,a hands and knees crawl around the area and still no sign of the key. All became clear when I picked up the Sealey LED inspection lamp used earlier when fitting the battery, the thing is magnetic allowing it to stick to bodywork and in my case the car key had become very attached to it!!!!

Doh I should have swopped them over before I sold the GS.

......and the rear caliper pins and things for me!!!!!!

......and the rear caliper pins and things for me!!!!!!

Now you're trying to confuse me the MK2 GS300 doesn't have caliper pins on the rears just a pad retaining pin. :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links