Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Happy New Lexus Year to you all.

Can anyone recommend a 4 wheel tracking outfit to do my LS400 30 mile radius Reading/Basingstoke area

Many thanks Mike

i have used Protyre on 515 ipswich rd ,Slough (just off a4 by Merc garage) many times.book up as they can b busy

I have not used Protyre but members of PCGB were shown around the local (North London area) Protyre with full explanations of the machines (latest) and processes they use - sounded most impressive and I will certainly try them next. By the by, PCGB (Porsche Club GB) members are offered a discount perhaps we should try the same for LOC?

If you do use them perhaps you can post your experience?

Best wishes

I have not used Protyre but members of PCGB were shown around the local (North London area) Protyre with full explanations of the machines (latest) and processes they use - sounded most impressive and I will certainly try them next. By the by, PCGB (Porsche Club GB) members are offered a discount perhaps we should try the same for LOC?

Best wishes

Cheers boys.

We have a Protyre in Micheldever which is only 20 mins away.

Will let you know how I get on.

Regards Mike

• 5 months later...

Best wishes

Cheers boys.

I have a Protyre in Micheldever which is only 20 mins away.

Will let you know how I get on.

Regards Mike

Went to the above and wished I hadn't. Only interested in selling new tyres for a lot more than I could get from my normal Tyre suppliers, Hook Tyres Hook Hampshire.

I asked Michel Dever Tyres to do a 4 wheel alignment setup but were only interested in jacking the car up and then exaggerate about the wear on both front tyres and do a two wheel alignment check. They said they had made a 3 degree alteration which should help with the wear (excessive wear on inside of both tyres) which he said should help. Paid them £30 and left rather disapointed and a steering wheel that's off of center now.

Micheldever Tyres are not the outfit they used to be. I did hear someone else complaining about the way they had been treated.

I have had a couple of Flakens fitted, so will now take it to one of the others who have this 4 computerised wheel alignment equipment.

More to come

Mike

I had my 4 wheel computer alignment done last June at Treadmark in Canterbury.

Computer Graphic Vehicle Wheel Alignment Report both before and after which showed me precisely the Caster, Camber, Toe and Thrust Angle and the degrees of ALL and the total cost to bring ALL back into kilter was £49.90 incl vat.

An excellent job and the car has run smoothly since and I cannot discern any undue tyre wear over the past year.

Anything less than this type of Report I would think to be maybe rather amateurish and non-professional !

Malc

I had my 4 wheel computer alignment done last June at Treadmark in Canterbury.

Computer Graphic Vehicle Wheel Alignment Report both before and after which showed me precisely the Caster, Camber, Toe and Thrust Angle and the degrees of ALL and the total cost to bring ALL back into kilter was £49.90 incl vat.

An excellent job and the car has run smoothly since and I cannot discern any undue tyre wear over the past year.

Anything less than this type of Report I would think to be maybe rather amateurish and non-professional !

Malc

Hi Malc I totally agree with you.

Mike

This site:

http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

Recommends a place near Reading:

http://www.elitewheels.co.uk/Alignment.aspx

That picture appears to show the Hunter laser alignment system, which is excellent. If they use that, I recommend you go there. I've had two vehicles on that system and it's superb.

Treadmark told me that their kit cost @£20k to install and they could only use it when their trained and qualified engineers were available.

I was impressed with the level of expertise and the clear coloured graphic output from the computer technology which is integral to the stystem.

Malc

Treadmark told me that their kit cost @£20k to install and they could only use it when their trained and qualified engineers were available.

I was impressed with the level of expertise and the clear coloured graphic output from the computer technology which is integral to the stystem.

Malc

Booked in for Next Thursday 3PM

Will keep you posted and thanks for all the input.

Mike

Went to Elite Tyres & Wheels in Reading and 2 hours and £54 later everything is back where it should be. They said that it was a long way out. Nice to have the steering wheel back in a level position.

Time will tell now with 2 new Falkens on the front I will keep my eye on them for uneven wear.

I don't know if it makes any different to the way she drives or if its psychological but she does feel smoother if that's at all possible with a Lexus.

Mike.

Be interesting to know what the Falkens cost " all up " please.

Thanks

Malc

I paid £110 each fitted, balanced etc but I had already purchased those from our village tyre supplier, they have supplied tyres for all the family for the last 25 years. I am loathed to pass them by otherwise the village loses its suppliers and eventually it loses its heart.

I have only ever checked a couple of times to see how they stand up to other suppliers and they have always been around the price others have quoted and sometimes even cheaper.

They also look after my son and daughters car and I know should they have tyre problems they are truthful to them in what they need to do which is a lot more than can be said for some of these exhaust & tyre suppliers.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links