Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Little S###t

uzziz

just rang 02 myself after having no joy. they cant explain why its not working now. only thing I can think of is that they have no credit on their phone? or have cancelled it...?:nugget:

if it was on a contract then, they can still be located.... :ph34r:

Tried the No., same result, sounds to me as though they had it disconnected. If it was me I would drive by the address and spot the validity of the info. Maybe you saw the car she was getting into and the same one is parked at the house. - Get to the police, let them know what has happened - don't take the law into your own hands - you'll come off second best.

Sorry to hear about your car! :angry:

don't take the law into your own hands - you'll come off second best.

Sorry to hear about your car! :angry:

Z, is right. I'd have nothing to do with what happens next at all.... I'd be somewhere else, with friends, and impartial witnesses.... :whistling:

I'd pass on all the details you have to the Police to follow up....

If she's got a PAYT mobile and never registered - then it's almost impossible for the anyone (inc. the phone operator) to trace the owner.... although there are ways... :whistling: but I don't think the Police would go to this trouble in this case!

I've not tried calling the number myself... however if she's dis-connected the number, chances are she's on a contract phone and asked the phone operator to change / bar her number - so there's some hope :winky:

Z, is right. I'd have nothing to do with what happens next at all.... I'd be somewhere else, with friends, and impartial witnesses....

Damn Right! May the fleas of a thousand camels infest them! :lol:

I have editted uzziz's post with the phone number in it.

Uzziz - I feel your pain as much as anyone on here mate - there is no excuse for that sort of behaviour. I would certainly take the matter up with the Police - and then leave it there and let them handle it.

But - I'm afraid that having the persons mobile number posted on these forums, and other people are ringing it (don't want to know what for) - goes a little bit to far.

Sorry to read this saga.

The police will not be interested as the 5 year old is below the age of criminal responsibility. This therefore a civil matter.

However, you say that the child has a key. This would probably have been the key to the parents' car. Being 5 years old the parents must exercise due care and control and are responsible for the child's welfare. It is therefore necessary to prove where the parents were when the damage occurred. Could they have excercised any control in preventing the damage?

As she had a key, a metal object capable of inflicting damage, it is apparent that one of the parents has been negligent and not been properly responsible.

I would threaten civil proceedings in the County Court should the parents not settle the bill. You will have to obtain a full run down of the repair costs which would be submitted as an exhibit.

Also it is necessary to take photos of the damage and car park and also draw a plan of the car park showing the position of your car and also where the parents were standing when the damage occurred.

Strong evidence would be that they were nearby and as stated failed to excercise due control over their youngster who was in possession of their key. Your case must be built around the failure of the parents in letting the damage occur. A good point in your favour is that she had a key which obviously had been given to her by one of the parents. Did they take the key from her and start up the car?

Finally record on paper all the conversations you have had with the parents which would indicate that their attitude has been obstructive.

The CCTV video could also be produced as an exhibit and I would sound out the manager on the likelyhood that it could be produced by a store member ( you may have to pay costs which,if the case is proven can be claimed back)

I just can't believe the attitude of the parents! If my boy had done that, I would have paid up to repair the damage. We're already teaching him not to touch cars, open the car door etc. You can't watch them 100% of the time, but a key...in a car park....

Obviously the parents come from a fairly shallow gene pool...

Not sure of your chances of success in getting them to cough up, but best of luck anyway

I just can't believe the attitude of the parents! If my boy had done that, I would have paid up to repair the damage. We're already teaching him not to touch cars, open the car door etc. You can't watch them 100% of the time, but a key...in a car park....

Obviously the parents come from a fairly shallow gene pool...

Not sure of your chances of success in getting them to cough up, but best of luck anyway

i would have quite happilly given my kids keys when they were aged 5 and because they wouldnt have dreamed about using them in the manner this kid has

these parents obviously dont have any moral standards

and their child is going to turn out the same

children are only a reflection of their parents

what sort of damage are we looking at here

it seems that whatever you do its going to be one big headache

take the easy route and forget this scum exists

sometimes paying out yourself is the best option just to avoid the stress

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links