Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav And Bluetooth Audio

I post here really hoping someone can help!

I bought a UK 2007 Lexus IS 220d with what I thought was the multimedia package. After further investigation, it seems the entire multimedia package is retro-fitted.

It is the stock Lexus multimedia kit, but seems like it's not been fitted by Lexus themselves.

So what works? DVD works fine - video and audio. Reverse parking camera works fine. CD changer works fine, radio, auxiliary input from MP3 player all work fine.

My problems are with the SatNav and Bluetooth.

SatNav - the maps display fine, GPS is fine. But I get no audio from it. I get no speech directions, so I have to keep looking at the screen. I've reset all the options and made sure the volume for directions is set to max. But I get nothing. If I'm playing some sort of audio (e.g. radio) when the SatNav should give me a direction, the radio audio does dim a little, in anticipation for the direction, but nothing comes through.

Bluetooth is the second problem. My phone connects to the system fine. But when I receive a call, the speakers do not play the voice from the phone. Neither does the system pick up my voice for voicecontrol.

Now, I'm guessing I won't be able to fix bluetooth/voice control as perhaps whoever retrofitted the system didn't install a mic (although I should still be able to hear the voice of the other person?). And I guess that's not a biggy.

But I REALLY want to fix satnav audio. I've taken it to two Lexus dealers and neither are ready to touch it. I've taken it to two audio garages and they didn't want anything to do with it either.

Is there anyone who could help me?

Have you tried taking it back to the place where you bought the car? Never heard of the Multimedia system being retrofitted in the UK. It would be a very expensive project to undertake. :blink:

Have you tried taking it back to the place where you bought the car? Never heard of the Multimedia system being retrofitted in the UK. It would be a very expensive project to undertake. :blink:

Yes, tried that, but it was actually from a car supermarket and they refused to take the car back. Got some money refunded.

It seems like a very professional job whoever did it. Even when it was taken to Lexus dealer they didn't realise it was retrofitted.

Satnav audio cannot be too difficult to fix can it?

Can I ask, how do you know the system has been retro fitted? Is it possible that it is just faulty? If thats the case then Lexus should know what to do.

On the Is250, the satnav audio control is internal to the headunit itself, unlike the 200 that used a relay to switch in the audio to the front right speaker.

As the Bluetooth uses the same internal switching (It actually overrides the SATNAV audio) then my guess is the headunit itself is faulty, especially as you say the receiver can't hear you either. You may be lucky and its simply connector LP2 not in properly but I assume you/Lexus have checked it.

If you pop off the cover of the cab lights, you should see the mic inside. (There are also two alarm sensors so ignore those)

I'm really surprised at it being a retro-fit too as that is one big job involving security and all sorts.

On the Is250, the satnav audio control is internal to the headunit itself, unlike the 200 that used a relay to switch in the audio to the front right speaker.

As the bluetooth uses the same internal switching (It actually overrides the SATNAV audio) then my guess is the headunit itself is faulty, especially as you say the receiver can't hear you either. You may be lucky and its simply connector LP2 not in properly but I assume you/Lexus have checked it.

If you pop off the cover of the cab lights, you should see the mic inside. (There are also two alarm sensors so ignore those)

I'm really surprised at it being a retro-fit too as that is one big job involving security and all sorts.

I know it's definitely retro-fitted as when I took it to Lexus, they were going to order a new part, and when they entered the number plate in to the system they said this model is not meant to have the multimedia pack.

Plus where the reverse parking camera is, you can tell it's definitely been fitted later.

Where can I find the LP2 connector?

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys,

Im hoping you guys get this message as I see the post was from Jan this year!

I have recently bought the exact same Lexus with the exact same problem!!

Can you or anyone else pick up where you left off about the LP2 connector?

Cheers Guys

• 5 months later...

Just throwing a random thought that's came to my mind..... But have u tried going into the "secret menu" or service menu as its known as?? U might be able diagnose the issue from there...

Hold info button and turn lights on and off 3 times then let go of the service menu

Also are u sure u don't have the FlyAudio system?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links