Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

the only thing missing from my newly acquired 400 is the remote key!

although it doesn't bother me too much to manually use the doorlocks it would be nice to have one..

whats involved in obtaining a new one and programming it for my car?

also how much would it cost?

If you don't have the 3 button master key you cannot reprogram any replacements so it's new system and keys from Lexus ( think sofas think DFS, think Lexus dealer think Expensive!)

It may be worth contacting the previous owner to see if they have the other keys.

If you don't have the 3 button master key you cannot reprogram any replacements so it's new system and keys from Lexus ( think sofas think DFS, think Lexus dealer think Expensive!)

It may be worth contacting the previous owner to see if they have the other keys.

Just looking in my handbook it shows 2 master keys, one without remote buttons, and says dealer can use either.

It also shows a metal tag with a number which can also be used to make duplicate keys.

Mind you, even if this is the case, it'll still be no giveaway from a dealer.

On an Accord tourer I owned, I bought a full used key and a new blank, combined the old innards with the new blank, got the blade cut then took the key to Honda for programming to match my car.

The mobile locksmith who cut the key reckoned he'd be able to program it, having done other makes on his laptop, but failed, so had no choice but to get bent over by Honda.

Whether you can do that with Lexus keys I don't know, but it saved me about £50 on the Honda.

Sticking with what u have is ok until the locks are iced up and the key won't turn in the lock ! Remote is best methinks but as you say, maybe a little challenging with no sign of an original.

Beats me as to where all these original remote fobs and keys vanish too with these LS400s.

So many tales of missing ones.

Can't understand how an owner would just lose all of 'em !

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links