Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Problems Making Payment!

Zaphod

Has anyone experienced having problems using Barclays Visa Electron card to make an online payment? I can't make the payment to LOC I get this message: "Your card purchase was not authorised. Please contact your card issuer." I rang Barclays and thay informed me that there was no bars to it's use online. Help me!!! :duh:

I once had real trouble with my credit card online.

A transaction was routinely "queried" - ie, the person swiping the card should have asked me DOB or some such personal information. It was purely to check that the card was still in my possesion - a routine security check.

But - because it was an online transaction - there was no-one actually present to ask me these questions.

so - the use of the card was barred until these questions were correctly answered.

I was getting emails from the online company saying that my purchase wasn't going ahead - and only found why when I tried to pay for petrol with the card and it was refused.

I had to hang around at the garage, getting bounced around the cards call centre - until I answered their questions - then, everything was fine.

there was no problem with the card or the credit limit - it was simply that a routine security check was needed,and because it wa an online transaction, the check couldn't be carried out.

could this be the case in your situation?

It would appear that I will not be able to use my Visa Electron after all.

It seems that the transaction can't take place as my bank polls the WorldPay

service for more identification info. DOB, mothers maiden name that sort of thing. :angry:

I was getting emails from the online company saying that my purchase wasn't going ahead - and only found why when I tried to pay for petrol with the card and it was refused.

I had the same problem whilst I was on holiday in Italy. I attempted to pay for petrol but they attendant kept telling me the card was refused (at least I think that is what he was trying to say!). This happened a couple of times so I switched to using a different card. When I got home I spoke to the bank and they said they asked for a security check (they had noticed the card being used in different countries as I toured around) and that just meant the garage had to call them. The Italian petrol attendant didn't know what this meant though, he just assumed it had been refused!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links