Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Noise Coming From Tyres Maybe

Hi

Since I bought my ls430 beginning of February, everytime I accelerate to around 25mph, there is a noise that I keep hearing, like a humming sound. I've had it checked by lexus, and they said the bearing and hub are fine, and it could be tyres. Anyone have a clue? They said its normal, the sound doesn't get louder as I accelerate, it stays at one pitch

Hi

Since I bought my ls430 beginning of February, everytime I accelerate to around 25mph, there is a noise that I keep hearing, like a humming sound. I've had it checked by lexus, and they said the bearing and hub are fine, and it could be tyres. Anyone have a clue? They said its normal, the sound doesn't get louder as I accelerate, it stays at one pitch

What tyres do you have on?

Mike

225/55/17 michelin tyres. Do you reckon they might have something to do with it?

I have them on mine and dont get any noise at any speed other than that produced by our overpriced appalling roads.

Mike

We have some newly surfaced sections on the M4 and you you could hear the wing of a butterfly hit the carpet its so quiet.

I dont know why all our roads arent as quiet as that, its never a problem when you go over the channel.

Mike

Thanks for the link, that's exactly the sound I'm getting, funny thing is, my wife and kids and brother can't hear it, but I know its there. It's doing my head in, I mean its not loud, but I know its there.

I've had a similar issue on a previous car. I replaced the wheel bearing but it was a single tyre with a slight bulge. It made a sort of "...oooooOOOOWWWWOOOO" sound as you approached 70mph.

The simplest solution is just to stick the spare on each corner until the noise goes.

Thanks for the link, that's exactly the sound I'm getting, funny thing is, my wife and kids and brother can't hear it, but I know its there. It's doing my head in, I mean its not loud, but I know its there.

Its a well known scientific fact that women cannot hear certain sound frequencies like, when are you going to make a cup of tea and I need some more shirts ironed, so dont worry to much that she cannot hear it, it is there.

Mike

I've had a similar issue on a previous car. I replaced the wheel bearing but it was a single tyre with a slight bulge. It made a sort of "...oooooOOOOWWWWOOOO" sound as you approached 70mph.

The simplest solution is just to stick the spare on each corner until the noise goes.

What were you up to at such high speed?

Mike

Its a well known scientific fact that women cannot hear certain sound frequencies like, when are you going to make a cup of tea and I need some more shirts ironed, so dont worry to much that she cannot hear it, it is there.

Mike

I think you'll find that women say something similar - about men not hearing certain things (e.g. 'When are you going to fix those shelves/dry the dishes etc.' or 'I've got a headache.')

Its a well known scientific fact that women cannot hear certain sound frequencies like, when are you going to make a cup of tea and I need some more shirts ironed, so dont worry to much that she cannot hear it, it is there. Mike
I think you'll find that women say something similar - about men not hearing certain things (e.g. 'When are you going to fix those shelves/dry the dishes etc.' or 'I've got a headache.')

The one thing women can never understand is that an awful lot of planning has to go into these tasks before we can safely go ahead and complete the jobs in line with recent Health & Safety laws.

Mike

I just pressure washed my car, and the noise seems to have gone. But knowing my luck, once it dries, it will probably come back again. But I gave it a good blast on the wheels with the pressure washer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links