Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have an 2007 IS 220d SE-L, I have seen similar cars auto fold and unfd the mirrors on locking and unlocking although cant find anything about it in the manual.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

The Auto folding mirrors feature was only introduced with the MY09 cars, so unfortunately your car does not have it. Someone on here has managed to fit an aftermarket device which to give this feature. Here is the link:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=75371

Thank you for there information, the friend who's car I have seen it on has an '06 car and I am pretty certain in has not modified the car.

I will ask him.

Why did you not do that anyway rather than put the question to the forum and then disbelieve the advice? (which was in fact correct).

• 2 weeks later...

I have supplies of the Po-40 Folding Mirror kits as well as installation instructions for the IS220d, IS250 range.

It is not a Lexus part but an aftermarket kit manufactured in Bangkok and marketed by me from Australia.

The prerequisite is that your car needs to have the electric motors within the mirrors and capable of manually folding and unfolding the mirrors. The P0-40 purely makes the mirrors fold and unfold according to the Lock or Unlock function of the car.

Send me (MichaelR@ashpoint.com.au) a message with a standard email address and I'll be pleased to send you some documentation of the kit. Alternatively you can look for me on Skype (User name: Ashpoint, Sydney). 7:30 to 10:30 AM London time work for me.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

<<How come it never made it onto the ISF?>>

I had my car serviced this week at a Lexus dealer in Sydney and was lent a IS250F and noticed that it did NOT have floding mirrors (nor the intelligent cruise Control or the hot paddle shift). So... I can only presumed these options are for the higher spec'ed F models.

BTW, I didn't like the ride firmnmess of the loan car. However given it was the "F" model the fast handling ability wasn't a surprise. I was really pleased to get my "cushion-mobile" back.

I'm sure one of the UK correspondants will explain the opton levels for the "F" version in your market.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links