Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

Today I was in stationary in traffic, when third party hit me in the rear, he wasn't even travelling really fast, must have been around 8 mph, but it really shunted me, I was in complete shock, but when I got out to look to see if there was any damage, there wasn't none. Absolute no visible damage, but do you guys think.there might be some internal damage?

Hi Erik, sorry to hear about your problem. The good news of course is that you're alright! As for the car, it's a tough old thing, but yes, there could be other problems. A common one is that the engine mounting blocks, the thick dense rubber blocks that hold your engine to the chassis, can fracture. Not a difficult problem to solve for someone who knows what they're doing to solve, but an irritation.

My first step would be to look on www.askmid.com to check that the person who struck you (and who is entirely responsible) is insured. If they are, then everything will be ok either way.

What you do after that is up to you. I'd try to sort out any cost implications with the person who collided with me. At the other end of the scale you could release the dogs of war, and ask your lexus dealer for details about accident management companies, who will try to extract as much money for themselves from the other person's insurance, and possibly sort your car out too - but this would leave you feeling ..... well, not good, anyway! If there is damage, the other person's insurance company will pay, and you can even deal with them directly.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply

The other guy is insured thank god. But tell tale signs are there if the engine mounts have been damaged? I'll tell you something guys, the bumpers on the ls430 are strong.

I would check the bumper mounts as when I was rear ended (don't say it bluesman lol) everything looked OK on my old omega. On further investigation mounts had been damaged a bit but enough for rust to set in had I not corrected it quickly and you never know when you will need that impact absorption should, god forbid, someone shunts you way harder.

when I was rear ended (don't say it bluesman lol) As if you are getting to know me to well.

I would like to know who this Third Party is because he is causing an awful lot of accidents. Has he not been banned ? No he is still driving around, whats the matter with our police ?

On a serious note I am sorry you have met with this 3rd party and hope you haven't got any damage at all.

Mike

PS Was it sore afterwards abs66 ?

Lamela appears from profile to be a non UK member so the askmid and Claims management bits may not apply in this case.

I would advise as others have suggested to have the car checked over to make sure there is no hidden damage that may cause problems at a later date.

I had a low speed rear impact in mine soon after purchase and the damage was limited to the panel under the bumper being broken off at one end and one of the exhaust tips being shoved further up the tailpipe.

Hi Steve

I am British and live in Birmingham . The name Lamela is from one of my favourite Argentine players.

Anyway, did you have lexus dealer look at your vehicle, or was it an accident management company? I was hit in the rear, the gentleman who hit me in the rear admitted it, well he had to as I was stationary aswell, if I take it to lexus, will they just deal with the claim?

Hi Steve

I am British and live in Birmingham . The name Lamela is from one of my favourite Argentine players.

Anyway, did you have lexus dealer look at your vehicle, or was it an accident management company? I was hit in the rear, the gentleman who hit me in the rear admitted it, well he had to as I was stationary aswell, if I take it to lexus, will they just deal with the claim?

Sorry, going on your profile it says under location "Other/Non UK" so I incorrectly assumed you were outside the UK.

If the other party has admitted liability (get this in writing if possible from their insurers) you can take your car to a garage of your choice and ask them if they will deal directly with the insurers or pay the repair cost and invoice the insurers.

I would avoid if at all possible "Claims management Companies" because the 1st thing they will do is instruct a solicitor for your "Personal Injury Claim" and provide a "Hire Car" the repair of the vehicle is never on the top of the list of priorities.

The last bump I had was settled directly with the 3rd party's insurer like it always used to be until these ambulance chasing companies came into being.This proved so much quicker and the settlement was received and the car repaired within 3 weeks at a bodyshop of my choosing.

They even gave me an extra amount for not wanting a hire car, I was more than happy with the offer and the insurers saved money which in turn keeps premiums down.

I find a clue to an ls being rear ended in its history is to look at the chrome trim along the side of the car, if its been hit it often pops out at the end between the bumper and the rear wheel arch.

cos the car has recovery bumpers you can also usually see a residual crease (hairlines) in the bumper paintwork if you look closely.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links