Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

I have a 2gs430, it's quick but doesn't feel as quick as my old Volvo t5 did, have no idea when it was last serviced its 153k now and the last stamp in book is 129k, will do the usual, oil air filters and oil change, new plugs (what type?) will do a search on that one, any recommendations as to what else might want changing, ( have done the ecu reset).. Any thoughts ... Perhaps it does it so smoothly I just don't notice lol

Cheers terry

Hi all

I have a 2gs430, it's quick but doesn't feel as quick as my old Volvo t5 did, have no idea when it was last serviced its 153k now and the last stamp in book is 129k, will do the usual, oil air filters and oil change, new plugs (what type?) will do a search on that one, any recommendations as to what else might want changing, ( have done the ecu reset).. Any thoughts ... Perhaps it does it so smoothly I just don't notice lol

Cheers terry

Do you know what type of service was carried out at 129k miles? How long ago was it carried out? Brake fluid should be changed every 2 years normally. Plugs are iridium tipped and NGK IFR6A11 or DEnso SK20R11 are specified in the handbook (gap 1.1mm). Coolant, a/c pollen filter. Probably other things I have missed as I use Lexus for all servicing.

As mentioned, do these: oil, oil filter, spark plugs, HT leads (piece of mind), air filter perhaps k&n panel filter, reset ecu (you've done that). Clean your MAF sensor (improves vastly), this is covered quite broadly on the forum. If you struggle to find it PM me.

Hi Terry major things which was missed above was fluids and belts. Engine coolant, most important to have changed on a highish mileage car is Automatic transmission fluid and differential. Cambelt on GS430's i beleive last 100,000 miles so check the history if this wasnt done at 100,000 mile service, means it will need doing with the idler and tensionor aswell. and why not have the drive belt done aswell whilst thier there. If water pump condition looks good during cambelt change then that could be changed at a later time but if you can have that changed as part of belt change then do it for peace of mind.

also if you can run the car on high octane fuel for about a month (Shell Optimax 99, Esso 97, BP Ulitmate 97) as these contain cleaning agents which cleans your injectors, fuel system, valves, and the engine as a whole this will def make it perform better than the volvo T5. dont forget GS's are refined cars so you wont feel the speed but you will be going very very fast!!

Campbelt was changed at 109k by Lexus, last service was a full one a couple of years ago, (stamped in book .... What happened in between I haven't any paperwork for) so I'm going to change all fluids anyway front lwr caster arms and ball joints, all filters, prob do fuel filter as well, plugs, not sure about ht leads as I think it's coil packs ......... Was thinking about doing the smiffie Soarer engine flush , paraffin and gear oil mix, worked really well on the 1uzfe but this seems a little more complex so might have to think a little deeper on that one !!!, what would you guys use to clean the maff sensor, definitely a more refined car than the Volvo lol , not saying its not fast, just the seat of the pants dyno needs a recalibration .......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links