Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New on ebay, looks a very nice car to me, and well priced for a dealer.

http://www.ebay.co.u...ME:B:SS:GB:1123

Looks a beauty. The best Of the LS's Nice colour. Lots of history.

I know a lot of people will say its to much money but its a good start to negotiate from.

What other car can you buy with renown build quality and such long lasting components can you get for under £2500?

Mike.

I know a lot of people will say its to much money but its a good start to negotiate from.

What other car can you buy with renown build quality and such long lasting components can you get for under £2500?

Mike.

Absolutely.

I posted it because there was somebody looking for a car recently on here, but I can't remember his name, so hopefully he might see this thread.

Mike.

Absolutely.

I posted it because there was somebody looking for a car recently on here, but I can't remember his name, so hopefully he might see this thread.

The face value looks good but the initial years of its life were hard pushed on mileage thats near to company car mileage and if he was spending that amount of time in the car who was watching our house.

Mike.

Absolutely.

The face value looks good but the initial years of its life were hard pushed on mileage thats near to company car mileage and if he was spending that amount of time in the car who was watching our house.

I would like to know why we the tax payer has to supply him and others like him with such an expensive car. I am sure a Ford Fiesta would have got him to and fro to work just as easy and certainly cheaper for us over burdened tax payers. If he didn't wont a Fiesta then go and buy your own car but a Fiesta is all the tax payer is going to supply.

Mike

Perhaps he got rid of the Lexus because the police helicopter was made available instead. :lol:

Dont start me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Hiya, I posted a little while ago saying I was looking for a good example so it might have been me you thought of - many thanks!

Unfortunately I'm not quite in a position to go ahead yet (going to have to get a second car for my wife if I go down this route so am waiting for the go-ahead on a big project so I can think about justifying it as a second car!) and this is quite a bit more than I was hoping to pay - although as you say it might be possible to bring it down a bit.

It will be interesting to see if it goes quickly or comes back later at a lower price. Right now I'm lurking and keeping an eye out for what goes quickly and what gets re-listed with the price reduced.

I got pretty excited by this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261054819839?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_901wt_1182 - it was only on there for a few days then the listing got pulled; it was on Auto Trader for £1495 so I'm assuming someone bought it before the auction finished and the seller took it off eBay. Thought that would probably have been a bargain.

"I got pretty excited by this one: http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_901wt_1182 - it was only on there for a few days then the listing got pulled; it was on Auto Trader for £1495 so I'm assuming someone bought it before the auction finished and the seller took it off eBay. Thought that would probably have been a bargain"

Nice enough car which was very recently sold at British Car Auctions not sure if it has been sold yet on E-bay but if it has at £1495 then the dealer has made a tidy little profit!!!

Hiya, I posted a little while ago saying I was looking for a good example so it might have been me you thought of - many thanks!

Unfortunately I'm not quite in a position to go ahead yet (going to have to get a second car for my wife if I go down this route so am waiting for the go-ahead on a big project so I can think about justifying it as a second car!) and this is quite a bit more than I was hoping to pay - although as you say it might be possible to bring it down a bit.

It will be interesting to see if it goes quickly or comes back later at a lower price. Right now I'm lurking and keeping an eye out for what goes quickly and what gets re-listed with the price reduced.

I got pretty excited by this one: http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_901wt_1182 - it was only on there for a few days then the listing got pulled; it was on Auto Trader for £1495 so I'm assuming someone bought it before the auction finished and the seller took it off eBay. Thought that would probably have been a bargain.

There are not that many marques on the road that still look that good inside and out after travelling 166000+ miles in some quite bad weather conditions we get in the UK.

Mike

"I got pretty excited by this one: http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_901wt_1182 - it was only on there for a few days then the listing got pulled; it was on Auto Trader for £1495 so I'm assuming someone bought it before the auction finished and the seller took it off eBay. Thought that would probably have been a bargain"

Nice enough car which was very recently sold at British Car Auctions not sure if it has been sold yet on E-bay but if it has at £1495 then the dealer has made a tidy little profit!!!

How can you tell it was sold at auction recently? That is useful info to know when looking at a dealer car!

Hi Ben..

It was the reg no that I recognised as being a car that was on the BCA website about 2 weeks ago. It was at BCA Enfield and they had 2 LS400's for sale this one and a pretty tatty silver Mk3. Have to say that the guy that bought the Mk4 has cleaned it up well as it looked pretty scruffy pre sale!!!!!

I would like to know why we the tax payer has to supply him and others like him with such an expensive car. I am sure a Ford Fiesta would have got him to and fro to work just as easy and certainly cheaper for us over burdened tax payers. If he didn't wont a Fiesta then go and buy your own car but a Fiesta is all the tax payer is going to supply.

Mike

Perhaps because he was a CHIEF CONSTABLE? Do you expect the chairman of your company [if you are employed in such a manner] to come to work in a Mini? No, of course not. Are you also going to complain about the wages he is paid, because he could easily 'get by' on a £35k per annum salary? After all, that's paid by the taxpayer as well! He's worked hard at his job and is suitably rewarded. Public services get supplied company cars at knock down rates anyway, and besides, with a valuable company car, he will be paying MORE tax back into the system, than if he had a Fiesta.

Honestly, it's like your not allowed to be successful anymore, because everyone will bemoan of the things success brings. Maybe we should all aspire to work in Tesco stacking shelves...

Mike

Perhaps because he was a CHIEF CONSTABLE? Do you expect the chairman of your company [if you are employed in such a manner] to come to work in a Mini? No, of course not. Are you also going to complain about the wages he is paid, because he could easily 'get by' on a £35k per annum salary? After all, that's paid by the taxpayer as well! He's worked hard at his job and is suitably rewarded. Public services get supplied company cars at knock down rates anyway, and besides, with a valuable company car, he will be paying MORE tax back into the system, than if he had a Fiesta.

Honestly, it's like your not allowed to be successful anymore, because everyone will bemoan of the things success brings. Maybe we should all aspire to work in Tesco stacking shelves...

I was the owner of my own company for 40 years which I built from nothing before I retired and I can tell you that I never ever purchased a new car for myself or any of my employees. I always bought 2nd hand ones where some idiot had already taken a massive hit on Tax and Depreciating.

As for CEO of other companies. I have no problem with them buying whatever car they like as long as it comes out of their wages and don't expect the customers to pay for it.

I have nothing against people getting on in life but has been shown recently with the latest finance/bank scandal there is always someone who has to pay the bill and its nearly always the little people, people like you at the bottom of the ladder (unless you are one of those bankers) Take them to court I hear people say, and just where are you going to get 12 people who are totally independent that will ever understand what exactly it is they have done? The answer is no where because they make sure that then whole thing is far to complicated for even accountants to understand.

As for so called Civil Servants ie the Police and their like, just because you are a chief constable who has never walked a beat in his life but was fast tracked through a university and then straight upstairs, to right he can make do with a fiesta and I would charge him for any private journeys he makes in it which includes driving into work.

If all these bodies down graded to what I am talking about you could cut your Council Tax in half and we would never have to talk about shutting down Old Folks Homes, Hospitals, Schools, Libraries, Poorly repaired roads oh yes and we would still have plenty of police walking our streets day & night making it a much safer place for everyone.

So no I don't agree with a single word of your post.

Mike

Mike

I was the owner of my own company for 40 years which I built from nothing before I retired and I can tell you that I never ever purchased a new car for myself or any of my employees. I always bought 2nd hand ones where some idiot had already taken a massive hit on Tax and Depreciating.

As for CEO of other companies. I have no problem with them buying whatever car they like as long as it comes out of their wages and don't expect the customers to pay for it.

I have nothing against people getting on in life but has been shown recently with the latest finance/bank scandal there is always someone who has to pay the bill and its nearly always the little people, people like you at the bottom of the ladder (unless you are one of those bankers) Take them to court I hear people say, and just where are you going to get 12 people who are totally independent that will ever understand what exactly it is they have done? The answer is no where because they make sure that then whole thing is far to complicated for even accountants to understand.

As for so called Civil Servants ie the Police and their like, just because you are a chief constable who has never walked a beat in his life but was fast tracked through a university and then straight upstairs, to right he can make do with a fiesta and I would charge him for any private journeys he makes in it which includes driving into work.

If all these bodies down graded to what I am talking about you could cut your Council Tax in half and we would never have to talk about shutting down Old Folks Homes, Hospitals, Schools, Libraries, Poorly repaired roads oh yes and we would still have plenty of police walking our streets day & night making it a much safer place for everyone.

So no I don't agree with a single word of your post.

Mike

OOOOOOOOOOOH------------------That sounds like a rant,just one thing to say on the question of CEO perks

Most of the Top Marque cars that the CEO's use eventually come down to us lowly beings as did mine I paid £18K 16 years ago when it was 6 years old as you say someone else lost the other £19K the 1990 LS400 cost £37000.

Now I would'nt have paid that and I could afford a brand new Lexus tomorrow but I don't need to buy a new one because when the previous owner walks away he does'nt take any of the car with him,simple.How many people have been driving around in the same car for 16 years when they can afford a new one, it is about satisfaction and reliability .Because I want to stay with the LS400 and it was the last of those I inquired about the Chief Constable motor and was told it was looked after by the same garage for the last nine years ,when I asked about the spend on consumables there was no record other than the service book.Alarm bells started to ring suspension Bushes, exhaust flanges, wishbones,discs and all the other things I have replaced or repaired on mine,What as to be remembered about these cars is that running gear wears out and if the car as done 150k then most of the things I have mentioned should have been done or will need doing and unless you have owned one of these cars it will be difficult to ascertain at a pre-buy cursery inspection what will need doing .

So beware it might shine a lot and sound wonderful but it could cost you more than you bought it for.

I would like to know why we the tax payer has to supply him and others like him with such an expensive car. I am sure a Ford Fiesta would have got him to and fro to work just as easy and certainly cheaper for us over burdened tax payers. If he didn't wont a Fiesta then go and buy your own car but a Fiesta is all the tax payer is going to supply. Mike
Perhaps because he was a CHIEF CONSTABLE? Do you expect the chairman of your company [if you are employed in such a manner] to come to work in a Mini? No, of course not. Are you also going to complain about the wages he is paid, because he could easily 'get by' on a £35k per annum salary? After all, that's paid by the taxpayer as well! He's worked hard at his job and is suitably rewarded. Public services get supplied company cars at knock down rates anyway, and besides, with a valuable company car, he will be paying MORE tax back into the system, than if he had a Fiesta. Honestly, it's like your not allowed to be successful anymore, because everyone will bemoan of the things success brings. Maybe we should all aspire to work in Tesco stacking shelves...
I was the owner of my own company for 40 years which I built from nothing before I retired and I can tell you that I never ever purchased a new car for myself or any of my employees. I always bought 2nd hand ones where some idiot had already taken a massive hit on Tax and Depreciating. As for CEO of other companies. I have no problem with them buying whatever car they like as long as it comes out of their wages and don't expect the customers to pay for it. I have nothing against people getting on in life but has been shown recently with the latest finance/bank scandal there is always someone who has to pay the bill and its nearly always the little people, people like you at the bottom of the ladder (unless you are one of those bankers) Take them to court I hear people say, and just where are you going to get 12 people who are totally independent that will ever understand what exactly it is they have done? The answer is no where because they make sure that then whole thing is far to complicated for even accountants to understand. As for so called Civil Servants ie the Police and their like, just because you are a chief constable who has never walked a beat in his life but was fast tracked through a university and then straight upstairs, to right he can make do with a fiesta and I would charge him for any private journeys he makes in it which includes driving into work. If all these bodies down graded to what I am talking about you could cut your Council Tax in half and we would never have to talk about shutting down Old Folks Homes, Hospitals, Schools, Libraries, Poorly repaired roads oh yes and we would still have plenty of police walking our streets day & night making it a much safer place for everyone. So no I don't agree with a single word of your post. Mike
OOOOOOOOOOOH------------------That sounds like a rant,just one thing to say on the question of CEO perks Most of the Top Marque cars that the CEO use eventually come down to us lowly beings as did mine I paid £18K 16 years ago when it was 6 years old as you say someone else lost the other £19K the 1990 LS400 cost £37000. Now I would'nt have paid that and I could afford a brand new Lexus tomorrow but I don't need to buy a new one because when the previous owner walks away he does'nt take any of the car with him,simple.

Your right it was a rant but we have lived in a world for to long where we don't even question any more what is done with our money, money that comes from just one pocket yours and mine.

This country is on its knees because we now accept that these over inflated egos that run businesses or come to that those that run this country itself are allowed enormous perks at our expense. When was the last time you heard all the chief constables say we'll take a pay cut so we don't have to lose any policeman oh yes and take the cars away plenty of pool cars.

When you cant pay your bills ask your bank manager for some more money and he will probably tell you to go away and live within your means, however your local council can never survive on the monies it already takes from you so they just put them up and you either pay or go to prison.

My case rests for the Prosecution.

Come on everybody wake up and smell the coffee.

Mike

I would like to know why we the tax payer has to supply him and others like him with such an expensive car. I am sure a Ford Fiesta would have got him to and fro to work just as easy and certainly cheaper for us over burdened tax payers. If he didn't wont a Fiesta then go and buy your own car but a Fiesta is all the tax payer is going to supply. Mike
Perhaps because he was a CHIEF CONSTABLE? Do you expect the chairman of your company [if you are employed in such a manner] to come to work in a Mini? No, of course not. Are you also going to complain about the wages he is paid, because he could easily 'get by' on a £35k per annum salary? After all, that's paid by the taxpayer as well! He's worked hard at his job and is suitably rewarded. Public services get supplied company cars at knock down rates anyway, and besides, with a valuable company car, he will be paying MORE tax back into the system, than if he had a Fiesta. Honestly, it's like your not allowed to be successful anymore, because everyone will bemoan of the things success brings. Maybe we should all aspire to work in Tesco stacking shelves...
I was the owner of my own company for 40 years which I built from nothing before I retired and I can tell you that I never ever purchased a new car for myself or any of my employees. I always bought 2nd hand ones where some idiot had already taken a massive hit on Tax and Depreciating. As for CEO of other companies. I have no problem with them buying whatever car they like as long as it comes out of their wages and don't expect the customers to pay for it. I have nothing against people getting on in life but has been shown recently with the latest finance/bank scandal there is always someone who has to pay the bill and its nearly always the little people, people like you at the bottom of the ladder (unless you are one of those bankers) Take them to court I hear people say, and just where are you going to get 12 people who are totally independent that will ever understand what exactly it is they have done? The answer is no where because they make sure that then whole thing is far to complicated for even accountants to understand. As for so called Civil Servants ie the Police and their like, just because you are a chief constable who has never walked a beat in his life but was fast tracked through a university and then straight upstairs, to right he can make do with a fiesta and I would charge him for any private journeys he makes in it which includes driving into work. If all these bodies down graded to what I am talking about you could cut your Council Tax in half and we would never have to talk about shutting down Old Folks Homes, Hospitals, Schools, Libraries, Poorly repaired roads oh yes and we would still have plenty of police walking our streets day & night making it a much safer place for everyone. So no I don't agree with a single word of your post. Mike
OOOOOOOOOOOH------------------That sounds like a rant,just one thing to say on the question of CEO perks Most of the Top Marque cars that the CEO use eventually come down to us lowly beings as did mine I paid £18K 16 years ago when it was 6 years old as you say someone else lost the other £19K the 1990 LS400 cost £37000. Now I would'nt have paid that and I could afford a brand new Lexus tomorrow but I don't need to buy a new one because when the previous owner walks away he does'nt take any of the car with him,simple.

Your right it was a rant but we have lived in a world for to long where we don't even question any more what is done with our money, money that comes from just one pocket yours and mine.

This country is on its knees because we now accept that these over inflated egos that run businesses or come to that the country itself are allowed enormous perks at our expense. When was the last time you heard all the chief constables say we'll take a pay cut so we don't have to lose any policeman oh yes and take the cars away plenty of pool cars.

When you cant pay your bills ask your bank manager for some more money and he will probably tell you to go away and live within your means, however your local council can never survive on the monies it already takes from you so they just put them up and you either pay or go to prison.

Mike

Malc

You are flogging a dead horse. Like you I built a very succesful business and retired at 50 because I saw the writing on the wall 15 years ago the way money was sloshing around it could only end in tears ,but not mine I have always lived within my means and have never had a loan from a bank so I shout at them not them at me.I managed to save my wealth from the vultures and did'nt invest in pensions I built my own.

I suppose you and I could start a school on how to avoid the pitfals of other people's avarice but as I said earlier nobody listened to me years ago and they won't now so I do what I can to upset everybody who does'nt toe the line and enjoy life.I smelt the coffee a long time ago

How can you tell it was sold at auction recently? That is useful info to know when looking at a dealer car!

Ben - if you are still looking for a good LS I know of a mauve silver Mk 4 car with 86,000 miles and good service history that present owner would sell for about £1800.

This country is on its knees because we now accept that these over inflated egos that run businesses or come to that the country itself are allowed enormous perks at our expense. When was the last time you heard all the chief constables say we'll take a pay cut so we don't have to lose any policeman oh yes and take the cars away plenty of pool cars.

Mike

Malc

You are flogging a dead horse. Like you I built a very succesful business and retired at 50 because I saw the writing on the wall 15 years ago the way money was sloshing around it could only end in tears ,but not mine I have always lived within my means and have never had a loan from a bank so I shout at them not them at me.I managed to save my wealth from the vultures and did'nt invest in pensions I built my own.

I suppose you and I could start a school on how to avoid the pitfals of other people's avarice but as I said earlier nobody listened to me years ago and they won't now so I do what I can to upset everybody who does'nt toe the line and enjoy life.I smelt the coffee a long time ago

It just amazes me where people think all this money comes from.

To bed now long drive back down south in the morning.

Thanks Mike

No need for coffee Mike, I wholeheartedly agree with what you said.

I work my butt off doing horrible hours and it feels as though every time I make some headway some incompetent halfwit puts up my bills in order to maintain their standard of living at my expense.

Lets face it we are NOT all in this together and I get quite angry when politicians utter such lies.

I do not object to business men working hard and enjoying the fruits of their hard work far from it, that's what I'm aiming for myself. Mike hit the nail on the head in his post and he is far better equiped than I to get that point across.

I'm not jealous of well off people but there is a difference I feel between people who create wealth and those who just take wealth if you catch my drift.

I didn't intend to rant when I started so please accept my apologies.

Cheers

Pete

No need for coffee Mike, I wholeheartedly agree with what you said.

I work my butt off doing horrible hours and it feels as though every time I make some headway some incompetent halfwit puts up my bills in order to maintain their standard of living at my expense.

Lets face it we are NOT all in this together and I get quite angry when politicians utter such lies.

I do not object to business men working hard and enjoying the fruits of their hard work far from it, that's what I'm aiming for myself. Mike hit the nail on the head in his post and he is far better equiped than I to get that point across.

I'm not jealous of well off people but there is a difference I feel between people who create wealth and those who just take wealth if you catch my drift.

I didn't intend to rant when I started so please accept my apologies.

Cheers

Pete

Bang on Pete.

Nice drive back home this morning.

There are a couple of decent tyres which I will fleabay.

Not sure what I am going to do with my old set of wheels. Probably keep them and get them refurbed for when I almost certainly damage the new ones.

Will get round to changing wheels around in the next couple of days. Will post some pics of her when she has been done.

Mike

What size tyres Mike? Ps if you haven't left already, avoid the M6.

Cheers for that Pete but I left Blackpool at 5am indoors by 9am ready for breakfast.

I will get all the manufacturers and sizes later on this afternoon.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links