Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ben - if you are still looking for a good LS I know of a mauve silver Mk 4 car with 86,000 miles and good service history that present owner would sell for about £1800.

Thanks Keith - that does sound tempting. Annoyingly though I'm not ready to proceed yet. My wife has convinced me to hang on until probably around november (we're expecting a baby in a few weeks!). Also thinking that £1500 should be my maximum budget too really as I'm going to need to get a smaller car as well for my wife who definitely doesn't fancy driving the Lexus! I currently have an 03 Subaru Forester which I am hoping should fetch a bit more money in the winter than it would do now which is another reason to hold off. Thanks.

Ben - if you are still looking for a good LS I know of a mauve silver Mk 4 car with 86,000 miles and good service history that present owner would sell for about £1800.

Thanks Keith - that does sound tempting. Annoyingly though I'm not ready to proceed yet. My wife has convinced me to hang on until probably around november (we're expecting a baby in a few weeks!). Also thinking that £1500 should be my maximum budget too really as I'm going to need to get a smaller car as well for my wife who definitely doesn't fancy driving the Lexus! I currently have an 03 Subaru Forester which I am hoping should fetch a bit more money in the winter than it would do now which is another reason to hold off. Thanks.

Don't fall for that one - my wife didn't fancy an auto, thought it would be too big, blah, blah, blah.

You should see her now, perched on the drivers seat, sunroof open, chick music on the stereo, like the cat that got the cream.

They're a devious bunch, women.

Don't fall for that one - my wife didn't fancy an auto, thought it would be too big, blah, blah, blah.

You should see her now, perched on the drivers seat, sunroof open, chick music on the stereo, like the cat that got the cream.

They're a devious bunch, women.

Heh yeah I did wonder if she might actually love it! Actually she really likes the idea of an auto - it's the size that concerns her most I think. Think insurance might be a bit prohibitive too - she hasn't been driving that long. I can't wait to get one though.

I wonder why it went off and turned up again - has somebody bought it and then decided to sell it for whatever reason (fuel costs or insurance) or maybe an employee of the original firm selling it bought it at a discounted price and is now selling it for profit.

I dont know cos its moved a few hundred miles from Sheffield to Merseyside. You would have thought that whoever bought it would have thought about the costs before travelling and buying. Wierd. Still looks good.

I dont know cos its moved a few hundred miles from Sheffield to Merseyside. You would have thought that whoever bought it would have thought about the costs before travelling and buying. Wierd. Still looks good.

Its more likely that its just a helping hands between mates in the same business or relatives lending each other a helping hand. They could also have sold it to the trade.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

It's back on again http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251117845068&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123#ht_500wt_1287

Following these cars on eBay is like following a soap opera sometimes, the sad thing is, I find it fascinating, not sure why.

Still looks a good buy to me, I'm very surprised it's not sold yet, unless there's something we are unaware of.

In buying situations such as this with any used car the outcome is always the same, its not possible to be certain of a whole range of on obvious things so we have to buy and find out or not buy and never know.

In buying situations such as this with any used car the outcome is always the same, its not possible to be certain of a whole range of on obvious things so we have to buy and find out or not buy and never know.

As you probably already know if after you Buy It Now you get there and find out faults or specification that haven't been declared you are within your rights to walkaway from it.

Mike

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251122687416?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661#ht_500wt_1167

Back on again after failing to get a bid on £1500, but buy it now reduced to £1900.

Strange, I've seen apparently worse cars sell easily for more money.

Tune in same time next week for next episode.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links