Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi

I'm looking for a replacement instrument cluster to use while I'm getting mine fixed.

The problem is I don't know which years are compatable with mine.

I've a late '93 where the mileage is integral and digital, not seperate like the earlier ones but I don't know how long this version of dash ran for.

For example this one looks the same but difficult to say without seeing it illuminated.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS400-1997-SPEEDO-INSTRUMENT-CLUSTER-/221074161026?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33790bfd82

Any info is greatfully received.

Ed

I don't know what's wrong with yours but if it's just a Q of the dashlights vanishing then u could always get Chris Vince on here to fix it ..........I took mine to his place to fix and he had it out, fixed and back in a couple of hours !

01252 540463 ..... nr Farnborough in Hants.

Malc

No a 1997 won't fit either physically or electrically, you need a 93-94 model cluster.

The 1990-1992 models are similar but as you rightly point out these have an analogue mileometer as opposed to the digital one in yours so again no good.

Do you have the usual flickering lights until warm syndrome and half lit needles?

I think Chris Vince still does the repairs to these and normally turns them around the same day so may be worth waiting a couple of days for a repair than find a temporary replacement which probably has the same fault.

Final word of warning,forgive me if you already know but once the cluster is removed do not switch on the ignition or you will find the airbag light will stay on constantly, it can be reset but avoidance is better than the cure.

Coz some 4 yrs ago with my 1994 Mk2 LS400 I went thru' the mill trying to find how to get mine fixed !

All sorts of expensive and time delaying options available . Chris Vince was a bit of a salvation at the time !

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links