Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A bit of a daft question but how do you replace the wiper blades.

It was a breeze on my GS as I just switched the wipers to the snow setting to free them from their general rest position and flipped the blades over to release them..

I have tried with bonnet up and by force parking the blades at centre of screen but just can't fatham out how to flip the arms to get the blades off.

Can someone please put me out of my misery!

The're not easy but I put mine in the vertical position by switching off the ignition at the top of the stroke ( see picture) then lifting the bonnet.

There is very little room to pull the arms back but pull back as far as possible the depress the black plastic clip on the blade fixing, slide the wiper blade off by pulling downwards.

What ever you do don't let the arm smack the windscreen once the blade is removed put a thick towel or something padded on the screen.

The link below may also help

http://www.streakfre...com/page/571944

DSCF0447.jpg

There are threads on here that I remember from months back at which members have used non-Toyota / Lexus replacement blades and they have usually been far from happy with their operation.

It always seemed to come down to using the T / L product for trouble, smear and noise free blade operation.

Malc

There are threads on here that I remember from months back at which members have used non-Toyota / Lexus replacement blades and they have usually been far from happy with their operation.

It always seemed to come down to using the T / L product for trouble, smear and noise free blade operation.

Malc

Its not worth penny pinching go and get her a Lexus replacement.

Mike

I initially replaced mine with Bosch replacements and they were terrible for smearing and squeeling when there was little water on the screen.

I then bought some of the flat type ones on fleabay, had to modify the driver's side slightly but they have been brilliant,

Better throw my Bosch ones in the bin then and reuse the flat blade ones which I found to be very poor on my GS.

I must say I have tried Toyota/Lexus replacements in the past and have found them no better.

I do wonder if the wiper arms are over sprung and 'squash' the blades on the screen.

Some aftermarket blades don't sit correctly on the drivers side because the blade mounting hits the wiper arm (obvious when you have a look). The solution is to remove a small amount of material from this area. Once this is done the blade will sit flat and will work correctly. there is a thread and pics about this somewhere.

pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links