Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not A Sport.

metal clutch/brake/acc pedals? Tinted rear windows?

Leather seats are standard on the SE as well as the sport.

Is the steering wheel two tone coloured? (although I don't think all of the sports were - my old one wasn't unless it had been changed)

Tinted windows are easy to tell if they are after market - just roll em down and you will be able to see the edge of the film. Or take a razor blade and scratch the inside of the glass lightly (in an inconspicuous spot) lightly - if it's film it'll mark, if it's glass it won't.

With no two-tone wheel or pedals, I'd say it isn't a Sport - I'd see no reason to remove them to replace with SE pedals and wheel. The sill covers could have been added, the half leather trim, as said, is standard in both SE and Sport, and the grille is an option (the Sport as standard had exactly the same grille as the SE and S model)

Additional features of the Sport over the SE were;

Limited Slip Diff (Sport had manual box only, no auto)

Two tone steering wheel

Metal pedals

Stainless sill plates

Rear spoiler

Dark tinted rear windows

Stainless steel exhaust pipe

Plus the Sport had lower suspension than the S and SE (-15mm)

Put your reg into My Car Check (https://www.mycarcheck.com) which I've found to be pretty good for basic info - it's correctly identified the Sport an SE models I've checked when I was looking at cars buying my Sport. I found a few advertised as Sports that were actually SE's, and one that was an S!

All 153bhp, so power is the same. Brakes are all the same as far as I know, and the 6sp manual box from the Sport is the same as the 6sp manual in the SE and S, apart from the LSD (as far as I know anyway)

So how do I know if it has been upgraded with a LSD I think at some point some has spent a lot money on it at some point.

Nobody would put a LSD on it im sure. There's no need to as the IS doesn't really need it, sport model or not. It would be a waste of money....

I'm dreading trying to drive mine when it snows this winter. I've never had RWD before, and it's been a LONG time since having anything with wide, low profile tyres (my last three cars were all FWD, and all had small, 13/14", wheels with "normal" tyres on them - 185/75, or 195/55). Next door said last year he tried to take his Merc (C Class, 1.8 kompressor auto) and it just didn't move. Totally useless! And that has less power than the IS, which isn't particularly powerful anyway!

I'm dreading trying to drive mine when it snows this winter. I've never had RWD before, and it's been a LONG time since having anything with wide, low profile tyres (my last three cars were all FWD, and all had small, 13/14", wheels with "normal" tyres on them - 185/75, or 195/55). Next door said last year he tried to take his Merc (C Class, 1.8 kompressor auto) and it just didn't move. Totally useless! And that has less power than the IS, which isn't particularly powerful anyway!

If it snows heavy your gonna need a set of winter tyres or you won't even get off your drive! Lol....

My IS-F stays in its heated garage when the temperature drops below 7 degrees centigrade, and the IS200 Sport is used with a full set of Pirelli Sotto Zeros. It has surprised many a stuck 4x4 driver on summer/all weather tyres when a rear wheel drive Lexus passes them on icy and snow covered hills. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links