Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Give Up....

Pete Shawn

This works for me but other members say the selection does not appear.

If you look below the reply box you will see the 'More Reply Options" box, click on this and scroll down to see "select file" click on this then make your selection then click "attach this file." Once upload is complete you should see a thumbnail and description of the file and next to this an option to "Add to Post" click on this and the file will appear on the post.

This works for me but other members say the selection does not appear.

If you look below the reply box you will see the 'More Reply Options" box, click on this and scroll down to see "select file" click on this then make your selection then click "attach this file." Once upload is complete you should see a thumbnail and description of the file and next to this an option to "Add to Post" click on this and the file will appear on the post.

hi

that exactly what i did but in the end only words shown but not the picture...

some suggest upload on site then select the url http....but result still the same...

did u srink up the picture or save into other format for it to load up?

thanks

ok, not sure how and why, but the permission to allow some to upload were not there so I have set them to upload for the car categories, i will attack the rest a bit later.

Sorry for the frustration mate

thanks steve

would u mind show the step by step loading the image... been login using Fbook ever since having problem login as new member...

did u try adding via in M Words document with picture?

thanks again m8

Pete, best thing to do is a little combination of things. I generally don't use forum hosting, because most of the time I want to put pictures interspersed with text, so this is what I do

Take the pictures you want to use, and resize them to say 1024 (width) (in Windows 7 you can install this - http://imageresizer.codeplex.com which makes it very easy. If you still use XP, then use this - http://download.cnet.com/Image-Resizer-Powertoy-for-Windows-XP/3000-18487_4-10905400.html which works the same way. If you use a Mac, you can do the resizing in Preview, which is a built in app)

Anyway, with the pics resized (the reason being is that not all forums auto shrink oversized pics to display them, and also they will upload faster when they've been resized) you can use an internet upload site to host and link them. For random, or singular pics, I use www.tinypic.com, or if it's a series of pics or multiples, I have an account (free) with www.photobucket.com (which also has an Iphone app, which makes it easy to upload pics directly from the camera roll on the Iphone, it resizes as it does it, and generates link codes to paste into forums.

To get the pics to display on a forum, you get a bunch of different link codes - the ones you want are the ones with [img ] before and [/img ] after (without any spaces)

HTH

Pete, best thing to do is a little combination of things. I generally don't use forum hosting, because most of the time I want to put pictures interspersed with text, so this is what I do

Take the pictures you want to use, and resize them to say 1024 (width) (in Windows 7 you can install this - http://imageresizer.codeplex.com which makes it very easy. If you still use XP, then use this - http://download.cnet...4-10905400.html which works the same way. If you use a Mac, you can do the resizing in Preview, which is a built in app)

Anyway, with the pics resized (the reason being is that not all forums auto shrink oversized pics to display them, and also they will upload faster when they've been resized) you can use an internet upload site to host and link them. For random, or singular pics, I use www.tinypic.com, or if it's a series of pics or multiples, I have an account (free) with www.photobucket.com (which also has an iPhone app, which makes it easy to upload pics directly from the camera roll on the iPhone, it resizes as it does it, and generates link codes to paste into forums.

To get the pics to display on a forum, you get a bunch of different link codes - the ones you want are the ones with [img ] before and [/img ] after (without any spaces)

HTH

The only concern with hosting sites is if the picture is deleted at a later date then you end up with the pictures gone from posts, a direct upload from files will prevent this from happening.

Thanks guys

most humble appreciate for the help.... thanks :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links