Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I know what you mean Scribe. Unlike you however, I have on occasion enjoyed removing that stupid grin that Saxo driving chavs wear. Oh so satisfying. Childish I know, but worth it :-)

I rarely put my foot down hard because of the cost of fuel, but I've found that simply KNOWING I could burn off any kid in his bodykitted Saxo if I wanted to makes me not want to, if you know what I mean. There's something about the power of the LS400 that makes you want to drive it gently. Weird.s

I have to agree with you. I have mentioned this syndrome on here before and its quite a comman feeling. Its a sort of reverse psychology.

Yes, it's the opposite of 'If you've got it, flaunt it.' A kind of not needing to prove yourself (or your car). Or, dare I say it, internal laughter at Mr Little Willy in his Saxo... I suppose it's got something to do with the fact that the LS400 is understated in style - it's not pretentious or sporty-looking like the latest Lexuses or Jags.

Yes, it's the opposite of 'If you've got it, flaunt it.' A kind of not needing to prove yourself (or your car). Or, dare I say it, internal laughter at Mr Little Willy in his Saxo... I suppose it's got something to do with the fact that the LS400 is understated in style - it's not pretentious or sporty-looking like the latest Lexuses or Jags.

Bang on.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Im 18 i have a 96 ls400 with 228,miles admittedly not driving it yet its Parked on my drive needs some maintenence for now i.e p/s pump, serpentine tensioner bearing and some paint work here and there. Insurance quoted me £1300 third party one years no claims in my name. Dont worry i wont bring down the good reputation of LS400 drivers and make it look like there being driven by young yobs.

Phil

Welcome to the Club ......... you really can become a " boy racer " and burn up all the others on the road if you wanted ... I won't mind :innocent:

Wish I could have had one when I was 18 too ................ I think I had a Ford Cortina 1200cc ..... loooooong time ago now

Malc

Im 18 i have a 96 ls400 with 228,miles admittedly not driving it yet its Parked on my drive needs some maintenence for now i.e p/s pump, serpentine tensioner bearing and some paint work here and there. Insurance quoted me £1300 third party one years no claims in my name. Dont worry i wont bring down the good reputation of LS400 drivers and make it look like there being driven by young yobs.

Phil

Make sure you dont otherwise we will send the Lexus enforcers around.

Being such a tender age (you lucky sod) what was it that influenced you to buy an LS?

Mike

I'm a new 'gold' member of the owners club having just done my subscription (and feeling very sanctimonious about that!). I'm 43 and can't believe it has taken me this long to 'discover' the Lexus driving experience. Got my LS400 yesterday from a great guy down in Bedfordshire and having stopped smiling since!

I'm a new 'gold' member of the owners club having just done my subscription (and feeling very sanctimonious about that!). I'm 43 and can't believe it has taken me this long to 'discover' the Lexus driving experience. Got my LS400 yesterday from a great guy down in Bedfordshire and having stopped smiling since!

Careful Jonathan your going to blow a gasket through excitement and although we understand your excitement we like to keep it under wraps so that not to many people get to know of this very special club.

Mike

Careful Jonathan your going to blow a gasket through excitement and although we understand your excitement we like to keep it under wraps so that not to many people get to know of this very special club.

Mike

Oops, sorry Mike. Mums the word!

Haha it doesnt feel right in my opinion driving the ls400 fast like a boy racer its too comfortable to ruin by going fast around corners and you just lean over and slide out of the seat . But it is definately fast enough for me in a straight line i was amazed at the acceleration! its the perfect overall car its an amazing cruiser, so comfortable and quiet, good engine preformance and in my opinion the economy is good for what you are getting.

the car im driving at the moment is a 1998 Golf 1.6 se and it gets 35 real mpg with a mix of driving and it has 107hp compared to a 4.0L 260bhp V8 car that weighs nearly two tons? with loads of space heated front and rear leather electric seats amazing sound system and is dead silent that gets around 20 mpg i think its worth the extra money in fuel.

I bought the car because my uncle who is also on here bought a immaculate mk4 Ls and took me for a drive in it and i was amazed at the refinement gadgets and power of it. Then I got home and found out how cheap they are for what you get. So i HAD to get one!

especially at £450 :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links