Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My headlight washers have never worked since I bought the car 9 months ago (LS400 2000W). I took off the old electric pump and tested it,---nothing. So, after purchasing a working used one off fleabay and fitting it-- voila! working washers! Took a few pushes on the dash button to clear out the months (years?) of crud in there but so satisfying to see them working as they should, for so little outlay. In all the repair cost an exorbitant £5 +p.p!! It now gives 2 short powerful squirts when you push the button. Brilliant. Still havn't solved the problem of my 'washer- bottle low' warning lamp though. Still on all the time even though the float is in good condition.Perhaps a bad earth?

My headlight washers have never worked since I bought the car 9 months ago (LS400 2000W). I took off the old electric pump and tested it,---nothing. So, after purchasing a working used one off fleabay and fitting it-- voila! working washers! Took a few pushes on the dash button to clear out the months (years?) of crud in there but so satisfying to see them working as they should, for so little outlay. In all the repair cost an exorbitant £5 +p.p!! It now gives 2 short powerful squirts when you push the button. Brilliant. Still havn't solved the problem of my 'washer- bottle low' warning lamp though. Still on all the time even though the float is in good condition.Perhaps a bad earth?

Hi

I too have the bottle washer warning light on all the time and have just purchased a replacement float /sensor unit at a cost of £68 ,I have yet to fit it but will keep the thread in mind when result is known.

Hi

I too have the bottle washer warning light on all the time and have just purchased a replacement float /sensor unit at a cost of £68 ,I have yet to fit it but will keep the thread in mind when result is known.

Hi

Update on fitting new sensor to windscreen/headlamp water reservoir;

remove the self tapping screws from section of mudguard liner that sits under the area forward of the wheel arch directly under the water bottle including the two plastic fasteners that connect to the under engine guard .Pull the liner down and you will see directly the bottom of the tank the sensor is the plug with two blue wires coming from it and connecting to two smaller guage wires through a clip connector. Prise out the rubber surround and the sensor comes out with it.Connect the new sensor to the electric clip connector. the trick in putting the new sensor in ;Insert the rubber surround into the tank then push up the sensor into it and draw over the rubber lip around the sensor bottom when it is in position.Clip the electrical plug back in position and the job is done .I have seen it on some website that diconnecting the plug from the sensor puts the light out if you think that buying a new one is not worth it .I checked my dash with the old unit disconnected and the light was still on so that means there is a processor up the line somewhere that puts the light on whatever the sensor status if it is not 100% working and connected.The sensor is a floating magnet that creates a field around a diode, when it drops to the bottom of the tank the field is interuppted and causes the light to illuminate on the dashboard,I checked the old sensor and the float works normally ,so it means that even if the float works the electrical curcuit within the sensor is dubbed.

• 2 weeks later...

Titch Ls My Washers when i press them make one long squirting noise and dump water onto the floor. Maybe i have a blocked hose or a leak in one of them. But i can only really see by taking off the front bumper and that is a massive pitter. Should the pump on the mk3 give one long squirt or two short squirts?

Phil Titchener :whistling:

this happened to me aswell when i had my mark 3 - because the headlamp washers are rarely used they tend to blockup - on mine when i tried to use them the conneting tube came off - all you need to do is undo 2/3 wheel arch line screws and pop the pipe back where its come off and secure it with the clip

HTH

Before reading your post i took of the whole front bumper what a job! But found out behind the washers is a plastic right angle tube with a pressure valve on the corner of it that lets water escape i assume when it is blocked but they must be faulty because the washers arent blocked or any pipe after the pressure valve and it justs squirts water out of this valve onto the floor. Would it be wise to just replace both of these valves with a regular pipe with no pressure relief valve.

I will post up a picture of this valve later as its hard to explain it. I might dare to get a quote from lexus for them tomorrow. Last time i went to lexus for a part they quoted £270 for just the side mirror glass

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links